Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Engine builders/tuners in western Wa

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine builders/tuners in western Wa

Hey guys I am going to be building a 408 for my truck and was wondering about a reputable builder/tuner with LSx experience. I am doin it out of an lq4 iron block and I'm looking for some big power.

I dont know of any shops in the area deffinatly want it done right, and I also need some help deciding on what to put in the motor....especially cam choice.

I live in Mukilteo, near Everett.

I have been over here for awhile and have read a few reccomendations for Speed Secrets, but I dont know where they are located...Also looking to dyno my truck really soon to see what she puts down with the mods I have now vs. the 408.

I am hoping to keep this bitch somewhat DD am still be able to stomp on a stang when the challege comes(i got beat by one pretty back the other night...I think it was turboed ) I would also like to throw a 200 shot on top of it all too. My HP goals are: 425-450 N/A and 600+ with juice.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Checkout texas-speed.com or thunderracing.com you can probably get one assembled. Then send it to Speed Secrets.

Originally Posted by TravisH.
Hey guys I am going to be building a 408 for my truck and was wondering about a reputable builder/tuner with LSx experience. I am doin it out of an lq4 iron block and I'm looking for some big power.

I dont know of any shops in the area deffinatly want it done right, and I also need some help deciding on what to put in the motor....especially cam choice.

I live in Mukilteo, near Everett.

I have been over here for awhile and have read a few reccomendations for Speed Secrets, but I dont know where they are located...Also looking to dyno my truck really soon to see what she puts down with the mods I have now vs. the 408.

I am hoping to keep this bitch somewhat DD am still be able to stomp on a stang when the challege comes(i got beat by one pretty back the other night...I think it was turboed ) I would also like to throw a 200 shot on top of it all too. My HP goals are: 425-450 N/A and 600+ with juice.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by tru_ice; 03-22-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

thats the thing though, I really dont want to ship it anywhere...I had a bad experiece getting it originally shipped to me....I really want everything done here.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

I had Ellis aka Speed Secrets aka TwoFast4Lv help me thru the entire project. So maybe he's learned something by now...... j/k

He has a very good machine shop he works with, a partner that helps with all of his cam choices (they usually have a custom grind made special for your application) and knows a bit about trannys too. As in he is THE man for a transmission in this area! He is also friends with the owner of the premier rear end shop in the area.

The snag is to do things right, you gotta be willing / able to spend some money. So wait a few minutes & I'm sure he'll post in here. Good luck & welcome.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ellis would be the man to speak with...He know his stuff.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Cool, I know Ive got the tranny taken care of I will be swapping my FLT level 4 to a Level 5 65e if needed and I will only have to pay the difference between the two. As for a rear-end...Randy's Ring and Pinion is like a mile from my house and they did the rear in my last truck and I was VERY happy with it, so I may use them again...unless Ellis can hook me up with a little better price/warranty.

I deffinatly need someone to walk me through the whole thing....and I am willing to spend, but I need to make $ first...lol My apprentiship will be over in late June/ early July and that is when I will be 100% into it, right now is kinda like my planning period so I can get everything sorted out then go ***** out on it....when I am making a lot more than 12 bucks an hour But I have a damn good carreer lined up so I'll be good to go
Old 03-22-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Cool, I know Ive got the tranny taken care of I will be swapping my FLT level 4 to a Level 5 65e if needed and I will only have to pay the difference between the two. As for a rear-end...Randy's Ring and Pinion is like a mile from my house and they did the rear in my last truck and I was VERY happy with it, so I may use them again...unless Ellis can hook me up with a little better price/warranty.

I deffinatly need someone to walk me through the whole thing....and I am willing to spend, but I need to make $ first...lol My apprentiship will be over in late June/ early July and that is when I will be 100% into it, right now is kinda like my planning period so I can get everything sorted out then go ***** out on it....when I am making a lot more than 12 bucks an hour But I have a damn good carreer lined up so I'll be good to go
It isn't as an English/spelling teacher is it?

Just teasing....welcome and good luck. Ellis is THE man for all your needs in the LSx/LTx world.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

j/k

they need to make a keyboard for full figured ladies...sometimes my fingers swell up and I cant type letters correctly...haha

Actually I'm a Tile Setter.. I dont need much of dat der edumacation fo dat right der. I'l tell you what, ya buddy!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The biggest things you need to figure out is EXACTLY what you are going to use the vehical for.

The rest will come one step at a time. I can be Flexable with your choices but the results will depend on them
Old 03-23-2006, 02:58 AM
Launching!

I am hoping to keep this bitch somewhat DD am still be able to stomp on a stang when the challege comes(i got beat by one pretty back the other night...I think it was turboed )
Thanks for the help!

I'm sure it was fully built motor with big single thumper setup to take down your 15 second pickup. Good luck with your dream.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVME
I'm sure it was fully built motor with big single thumper setup to take down your 15 second pickup. Good luck with your dream.
Yeah, those cheaters that run FI or juice.....whatever happened to being a real man & running NA?

Did you see Pinks last nite Eric? That was a pretty damn fast Stang!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Yeah, those cheaters that run FI or juice.....whatever happened to being a real man & running NA?

You Rang?

BTW I am still looking for a free late 70s early 80s 'Bu for a "pinks" car
Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

That would be a fun project Ellis. I'll keep my eyes open (& 'those parts' on my shelf).
Old 03-23-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

j/k

they need to make a keyboard for full figured ladies...sometimes my fingers swell up and I cant type letters correctly...haha

Actually I'm a Tile Setter.. I dont need much of dat der edumacation fo dat right der. I'l tell you what, ya buddy!
It's all good dude, I was just messing. I am the resident smart *** and I never mean anything bad by it.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I sure did. I didn't like the way it left all crossed up, but it definitely left ok. Bossone's mullet was a screamer for sure. My money would've been on him if he could've kept it together.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Well, I know exactly what I'll use it for... To get around a little on weeknights(go to dinner, gym or something, running around on the weekends, mabye tow a couple sea-doos, Track use nearly every weekend, and mabye even a few stoplights races or highway..

rottluver- I figured that, I usually dont take ppl to serious! lol
Old 03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Also, where can I get my block tested? I found some issues when I tore the motor apart and would like to see if the block is even good(not cracked or anything)...so I can send it back to the **** who sold it to me if it is.

What is an approx. dollar figure on getting that done?

Last edited by TravisH.; 03-23-2006 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine builders/tuners in western Wa