Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Black Clear Corners Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Clear Corners Question?

I bought black clear corners a couple weeks ago and I'm not happy with them because they are not sealed up very good. Every time it rains or I take it to get washed, water gets into them and blows out the bulb, so I have to keep buying bulbs. I took them off already and went back to stock, but my question is, is there someone on Ebay or a company that takes these defective parts and fixes them and just gives me a good set of clear corners. The reason I'm asking is because my friend actually did that with his cluster for his car. The guy from ebay sends him a new cluster and all my buddy has to do is send his broken one back to him. It's kind of cool.
Oh and I already called the company I got it from and they said they can't take it back because I've already messed with it. ****ers. Thanks Guys.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd try sealing them with permatex silicone
Old 03-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Teching In

seal them and make sure the rubber washer that goes in between the bulb and the actual housing is on.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just put some rubber silicone aroud all the ends and seals and you will be gooD
Old 03-23-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

where did you get them, so I know where I shouldn't get mine.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never seen the black clear corners, just the smoked ones. Did you consider keeping your stockers and sprayin with VHT night shades or even just purchase the black outs. The black outs look good and you can go back to stock in a sec. Just my 2 cents.......

example.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Teching In

*I tried sealing them with Silicone and even dipped them in water to see where the water was going in from or if I saw any bubbles. When I did that no water was going in so I thought I fixed it but then a week later it rained and when I changed lanes in the freeway, the blinker light just stayed on. But I think it may be the rubber washer that's causing the problem, that's all I can think of. I'll try that today.
*I don't want to say where I got them from because I'm kind of new here and I don't want to start any problems.
*I actually have the blackouts on now but I like the look of the hyper white bulbs better than the orange, although they both look good
BY the way 2000Z28M6, my car looks exactly like yours, except for the little decal, mine's Carbon Fiber.
Well thanks for all your guys' help.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Board Certified Idiot

should have bought a better pair then what they offer off ebay Just my2cents.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Teching In

I didn't get them off of ebay smartass.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

I got mine from ebay, they came a few days ago. I havent put them in yet because of the fact the do look pretty shoddily sealed. Im going to add some silicon around the edges after I try to weld the plastic with a heat gun.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Not sure if this helps but I had the clear corners on my car. If your parking lights are always on when you are driving the heat from the bulb might be warpping the hole that the socket sits in. I got water in mine and toke it out and dried it also put sealant around it, even added an extra gasket. Worked for a little while and happened again. I got tried of taking it out so I just left it alone for a few months. I toke it out and noticed the hole looked like it was doing the wave. The plastic was going up and down all around it. The way I'm going to fix it is order a new set and put some led's in the socket. I found a set of led's on ebay that has 18 led's on it so it would shoot light in all direction.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

I learned after putting some cheap H4 converision lights in my S10 Blazer. When I got the clears for the Camaro I sealed the lens to the housing with marine grade silicone and have had no issues at all with them. They've been in the car for about 3 years now.

Quick Reply: Black Clear Corners Question?