Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Royal Purple trans fluid

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Purple trans fluid

How many people are running Synthetic tranny fluid. I'm asking because I had a Vig convertor installed and I thought I was doing the car a favor by putting in the good ****. Now I'm hearing tales of slipping convertors. I am running the 4L60E with Raybestos Z-pack clutches and Corvette servos. I called Raybestos and they said that they didn't know. Is anybody running the Royal Purple and how is it working?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

This has just come up several times within the last month, a search would bring up a lot of info.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:53 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NC98Z
How many people are running Synthetic tranny fluid. I'm asking because I had a Vig convertor installed and I thought I was doing the car a favor by putting in the good ****. Now I'm hearing tales of slipping convertors. I am running the 4L60E with Raybestos Z-pack clutches and Corvette servos. I called Raybestos and they said that they didn't know. Is anybody running the Royal Purple and how is it working?
LOL you called raybestos and they said they didn't know! Boy you would think that a clutch company would have and answer for you. I only recommend dexron fluids. Good luck with z-pack I've heard and seen good bad and ugly! I don't like it.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

I am not running royal purple, but i am using the mobile 1 synthetic atf. I have a ss3000 stall and i hope i am not jinxing myself but i have not had any problems yet running it.