Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A few pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few pictures!

First of all, sorry for the poor quality, took the pictures with my camera phone.

The green hood is because my old hood is damaged, so I bought this one. Incase you can't tell, I did put my black louver inserts on it... they look really nice on the green, imo. I don't plan on leaving it this color, just until I can save for a new paintjob. The rear end damage is from october 2005. I was at work, and I parked in the front of the parking lot. Some idiot in a Jeep Wrangler on the main road decided to turn left infront of on-coming traffic. (On-coming trafic being a 3 ton Charter Cable truck.) As a result, the truck hit the jeep, sending it flying over the grass into my rear end. Tail light is damaged, hatch is screwed up, and the rear quarter is royally screwed.
I just painted the calipers a few days ago, when I installed my SLP CAI and painted the "3800 Series II" on the engine. I didn't get pictures of those because my phone died. After it charges up a little bit, I'll post pics of the CAI installed, and the motor.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Launching!

That really sucks about the jeep. You didn't get any money from it either I bet. That pisses me off, I say it does you even more. Besides that, the car looks good. What color are you gonna paint it when you do, go back the orginal color? Also I like that that bright red caliper paint. Mine did look like that but its faded really bad now. I am going to re do them on next brake change.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

We're going to take them to court for the money. I'll probably just get a nice new black, mine looks like crap. I thought about doing yellow, like Viper's car, and just leaving the engine bay and door jambs black, and the hood inserts black... and maybe black rally stripes... but I don't know yet... I'll be really tight on money.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

why the different color hood?
Old 03-25-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by pcgamer4life
We're going to take them to court for the money. I'll probably just get a nice new black, mine looks like crap. I thought about doing yellow, like Viper's car, and just leaving the engine bay and door jambs black, and the hood inserts black... and maybe black rally stripes... but I don't know yet... I'll be really tight on money.
Honestly man, Im torn on this. I think if you left the jambs and under hood area black (if you did decide to repaint) it'll look half-assed. It would work w/ your overall scheme (and thats where Im torn) being yellow/black, but its just an extra touch having those area's painted too that makes the difference between a quality job vs a half-assed job IMO.

Right now, I think you've got your bases covered. You know what needs to be fixed and you're working towards that.

This is just my opinion, but repaint the jambs and bay if you decide to do that the same color as the body. A Hugger Orange or Viper Yellow would look good. You'll have to repaint your calipers too (again, just my opinion) but overall you know what needs to be fixed and what isnt working for you right now. Keep working hard and you'll get there man.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
why the different color hood?

The green hood is because my old hood is damaged, so I bought this one. Incase you can't tell, I did put my black louver inserts on it... they look really nice on the green, imo. I don't plan on leaving it this color, just until I can save for a new paintjob.
Thanks for the input... I'm not sure. I really don't have the kind of cash to shell out for a high-end paintjob. I'm 17 making $7.25 an hour with gas, insurance, food, and cell bill to pay for... along with mods for my car. It's pretty tough, especially with college next year. I still haven't decided, I might just got for a nice rich black with a lot of clear coating. :p
Old 03-25-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by pcgamer4life
Thanks for the input... I'm not sure. I really don't have the kind of cash to shell out for a high-end paintjob. I'm 17 making $7.25 an hour with gas, insurance, food, and cell bill to pay for... along with mods for my car. It's pretty tough, especially with college next year. I still haven't decided, I might just got for a nice rich black with a lot of clear coating. :p
Trust me, we know how you feel. Im 23 payin for insurance, student loans, food, cell bill, rent, gas, mods etc and if I didnt get the deal I got on my car there's no way in hell I could afford it.

Keep on workin. She'll get to where you want her to be one day...none of this **** happens overnight.