Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

So...what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So...what are my options?

I was rear-ended a couple months back and after getting my Firehawk back from the shop, there are gaps all over the place... The shop was a GM goodwrench and they told me that all the parts were OEM, so I am pretty sure that the frame is damaged...the accident was not my fault.. so I was wondering..

What are my options? do I have any? Can I get a new car?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Launching!

also, the reason I brought up getting a new car, is because if the frame is damaged, then that can be dangerous if I were to get in another accident...so doesnt the insurance company have to provide me with a car that is in the same condition as before the accident...and that is also safe??
Old 03-24-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

got any pics??
Old 03-25-2006, 03:35 AM
Launching!

well not really. I havent been able to since I am at college...but for example... I can fit all my fingers and half a hand between the trunk and the rear lights....I can also fit a few fingers in between the lid for the flip light on the right, but not on the left.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Launching!

Here, these are the best picks i have...the best is the rear end, u can see the big *** gap. Also, if you look hard on the front-side shot..u can see a gap in the lid of the head light...but its real hard to see in the pic...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1556745
Old 03-25-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

They can repair some damages to the frame and if the frame is the cause of the mishaped bumper it should have been repaired. Who is your insurance company? Did you pick the shop to do the work or did your agent? If your agent chose the shop for you I would call them and tell them about the unsatisfactory work.
I have State Farm and have been involved in 4 accidents that were not my fault. When I had the same situation as you my agent went to the shop personally (flew from Indiana to California) Inspected my car and reviewed his notes and told the repair guys to fix it otherwise lawyers would be involved I can't say this for all insurance companies esp. the hole in the wall places but most of the major ones you pay the insurance to get your car back in the condition that it was before the crash. If your bumper isn't lining up obviosuly it isn't in said condition.
Hope my rambling helps.
Nate
Old 03-25-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

yeah i agree with cashmoney if you arent satisfied with the work then your insurance company didnt fix it, get ahold of your insurer and tell him you want it fixed right this time. And is the frame is damaged enough you might be able to get some money outta this deal and it might be totalled.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Launching!

yes, that is what I was thinking. They have to repair it to what it was before the accident. If it costs more than 50% of the cars value, then they total it. Rebuilding the car frame up would be way over 50% of the cost. I was thinkin they would have to total it. I am home this weekend, so I am going to try and get some better pics for you. I mean, its unacceptable for a collector sportscar.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

Yeah, I remember this happened to you a few months ago. You should have raised hell right after you got it back.

I'd take it back to them. They should at least try. If they do total it please give me a call so I can buy it from them.

It's still a very nice set of wheels you've got there. I'm sure it is fine... you may notice the gap, but it can't be that bad. My firehawk isn't perfectly seemless in the same area. I'm a perfectionist, but I still have to live with the finished product GM made.

Last edited by FIREHAWK#608; 03-26-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Yea, I wish I would have been able to see it at the time, I was actually in college when they returned it. You bet your *** I would have bitched at them.

and man, I am a perfectionist too, but, I think you would be disgusted if you could see what I can. I will show some pics this weekend. But haha, yea, I will let you know if they total it. I actually hope they do. what could be better than a accident-less Firehawk?

But in any case, I just want this to be resolved. Its such a frustrating matter.