LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

knock issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry knock issues

I just put over 500 miles on my stroker 383. It's been running fine except the 2 times I tried to floor it and it wouldnt shift. It hit 7000rpms before I relized something is screwy. That next day I had my scanmaster installed. I noticed I get 3.0-5.0 degrees of knock when at 85% throttle and at wot I saw 6.0. didnt notice any during normal driving until today. Today I had my wideband installed. The battery was disconnected at one point. Now I get knock whenever I touch the gas just a little. It's odd that it's doing now. I'm thinking the computer just needs to relearn some things since it was reset but I could be way off. I'm working on getting 2 gallons of race fuel tonight to see if that helps. I'm starting to worry that I may have screwed something up when the stupid tranny crapped out. A/F has been in the 14.7-15.3 range when cruising and at idle. Any suggestions or thoughts?
Old 03-25-2006, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it is in low octian mode YES LT1 cars have it

Once in this mode it will always retard till it resets.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Well I added a full bottle of Torco mach series accelerator and it actually helped alot. I added a full bottle to a full tank. I still get knock but not as much as before. were as before I would get it just by giving it some gas, now I have to go harder to see knock which is still around 5 degrees. I think ill add another bottle just for the heck of it to see how it reacts. Took me till almost midnight to get this bottle.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Update

the highest fuel here is 89 mabey 91. I poured 2 cans of the addative and I still get up to 6.0 knock. some things I noticed was it's starting to warm up here so mabey that's playing a part. with all the torco I used I'm starting to think it's false knock. I have the stock 94 lt1 knock module.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Well here's another update. Tonight was alot cooler than the day was and doing the same driving I saw mabey 0.1 degrees of knock. I guess it's the heat + my c/r + the crappy fuel = knock. I need to find a solution to driving it in the hot weather. It's only going to get hotter here, way hotter.