Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoid pulsing very audible, is it a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solenoid pulsing very audible, is it a problem?

I have a FJO mini-progressive and use it to progress up to a 150 shot. During the lower %(from about 16% to 70%/maybe lower) I cannot hear the noids pulsing, but when it gets to a higher %(70+) I can hear the noids pulsing very loud. its a very loud tapping sound. At first I thought maybe it was detonation or somethin so I lifted but checked logs and there was no KR. Made a pass again, this time held it to where I was expecting 100%, as expected tapping went away so I know its the noids tapping. Is something wrong with the noid/'s or is this normal??
btw its a NX 20920 system and the noids are bolted onto the firewall. Sounds like its coming from the n2o noids
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

Where on the firewall? Do you have pics?
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry no pics. I have the fuel noid attached to one of the winshield wiper motor bolt using the bracket. Then I have the n2o noid bolted near the blower motor for the a/c. Does it really matter where its bolted onto the firewall? Is the tapping normal??
btw this is for a '01 s10
Old 03-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by frknlo
I have a FJO mini-progressive and use it to progress up to a 150 shot. During the lower %(from about 16% to 70%/maybe lower) I cannot hear the noids pulsing, but when it gets to a higher %(70+) I can hear the noids pulsing very loud. its a very loud tapping sound. At first I thought maybe it was detonation or somethin so I lifted but checked logs and there was no KR. Made a pass again, this time held it to where I was expecting 100%, as expected tapping went away so I know its the noids tapping. Is something wrong with the noid/'s or is this normal??
btw its a NX 20920 system and the noids are bolted onto the firewall. Sounds like its coming from the n2o noids
You are hearing the harmonics thou the the chassis.
The noid will pulse or click up noticabley between 20-80% cycles. Anything lower or higher things are happening to fast to hear, clearly. Now since it is attached to a bolt for the wiper motor, that could be amplifing the pulsing or click noise you are hearing. Remove the noid and isolate from the chassis and see if noise goes away.
Ricky
Old 03-27-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you ever tried placing a speaker in front of a closet with the closet door open. Same effect.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

[wipes sweat off head] I was getting very worried that I would not have n2o for the last weekend of the track.
So maybe put like bushing of some sort on the bolt so Itll isolate the sound?

Mahalo Nui loa!