LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Does an adjustable regulator really change the A/F that much? Dyno Tuning in Mich?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does an adjustable regulator really change the A/F that much? Dyno Tuning in Mich?

I've had my motor tuned with a mail order and all is good but i'm starting to realize how much gas she really has been sucking down. ~10mpg. I always knew it was pretty rich (maybe just to be safe, but now i know somehthing is wrong) I have a regulator but have been having problems with it, it wont adjust the fuel pressure like its designed, the gauge just stays a 45ish psi. So i was wondering if i do get it working, will dropping the pressure any more even do much for me? I have a 93 speed density if that changes anything. So if it doesn't do any of you all know where a good dyno tune shop in Michigan can tune it for me. (Eprom Chip) Having my car so rich ruins the fun of cruisin long distances.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

I might be wrong but i read that an adjustable regulator will lower your psi but the computer will learn out the modification and eventually negate the fact that you lowered your fuel psi. check out www.ws6.com and his writeup/dyno sheets about the fuel pressure regulator and how it had immediate effect but then was learned by the pcm eventually.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

yeah wow, they saw a 16hp gain with a drop in pressure...at 5000feet though. But hell i'm probably a lot richer in comparison then him still. I think i will eventually need a dyno tune...but where?!?!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

come on some1 up there has gotta be able to reccomend a shop close to him in MI. I wish i could help rec. some place but im in FL.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

I'm in South Bend/Mishawaka, IN.... I dont know of any tuners myself but you could try calling Speed & Custom in Osceola, IN 574 674 9142 they might be able to recommend someone to you. The owner is Chris.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Teching In

What about Livernois? There're in Dearborn heights.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's one of the problems on the 93's; finding a local person with the capability to tune the speed density computers.

My recommendation would be to contact chips@pcmforless.com and talk to Alvin. He can get you pretty close to where you need to be if you give him an extremely accurate description of your setup.

He can also be reached at the speed density website (www.speeddensity.org).
Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

dyno tuning really isnt going to help your mpg

have you contacted the company that tuned it the first time? let them know what its doing, if there a decent company they will try and fix it for ya

if your fuel pressure isnt changing with vacume something is wrong with it and that will throw your tune. you do have a vacume line hooked to it correct? what brand regulator is it?

Quick Reply: Does an adjustable regulator really change the A/F that much? Dyno Tuning in Mich?