General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Digital Odometer Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Digital Odometer Issues

Some background: This is a 97 cluster (similar enough to LS1's) with the digital odometer installed in a 93 Trans Am. It has worked flawlessly the entire time it's been in the car, up to now.

Abut a week and a half ago, I installed a SLP Speedo Recalibration box in prep for getting a set of 4.10's installed. Ran into some trouble with that and couldn't get it to work. Gears went in last Friday (4.10's). Drove the car a couple of times without the speedo hooked up, no biggie.

Last night I got the speedo working with the SLP box by changing a couple of wires around. Speedo is dead nuts on where it should be. BUT......The Odometer/Trip Meter are only randomly generating an increase. I drove a known 50 mile trip to work this morning and only racked up a whopping 1.7 miles on the trip meter.

Does anyone happen to have a rundown on how the odometer interfaces with the speedometer??? I'm trying to figure out if it's purely coincidental that this happened with the install of the SLP box, or if it's a by-product of the SLP box sending out corrected pulses from the VSS to the speedo. Any information that may shed some light on the subject would be truely appreciated. Thanks guys!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody, anybody....bueller....bueller??