Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

9.5's or 11's on the vert?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 9.5's or 11's on the vert?????

I have a very serious delima here. I just got my TTII's put on 9.5 all the way around. Really happy with them.....I was going to get 11's but no stock anywhere and I was kinda on the fence about them anyways.....

Well one of the rims got damaged in the shipping not bad but not perfect and they are new so they should be. So they are going to get another in but I could wait and have them bring in an 11 instead for a little more..... Of course then I have to sell the other 9.5 and spend another 700 on a wheel and two tires.....

I'm kinda leaning more towards sticking with the 9.5's..... They fill the wheel well pretty nice I just don't know!!!!

(Excuse the dirt me, the car, a porter cable, MP IP and Zaino have a date soon!!!)

Old 03-28-2006, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well MY opinion is go with the fatties. They pose some clearance issues, but DAMN do 11" wheels & tires make the rear view of an F-body look NASTY!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

yep, i'd go with the wider wheels.

btw.. let me know when you are going to be buffing.. seriously.
i'll pay for the garage time

(my car misses being black)
Old 03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Veteran

I have the 11's and I lucked out because I have a 'Bird. I also went with a slightly less-wide 315 (width varies from Brand to Brand) so I didn't have to do any pounding on my fenderwell. I know several guys who have had troubles with 10.5" rear wheels on their Catfish............not too mention the suck-*** roads (freeways) here and how they toss my car back & forth with all the ruts. It is only worse with 11's/315's.

I would stick with the 9.5's and enjoy the savings in tire cost, headaches and not having to beat on your car.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I have the 11's and I lucked out because I have a 'Bird. I also went with a slightly less-wide 315 (width varies from Brand to Brand) so I didn't have to do any pounding on my fenderwell. I know several guys who have had troubles with 10.5" rear wheels on their Catfish............not too mention the suck-*** roads (freeways) here and how they toss my car back & forth with all the ruts. It is only worse with 11's/315's.

I would stick with the 9.5's and enjoy the savings in tire cost, headaches and not having to beat on your car.

LOL Mark is saying what I'm feeling with my heart and you are preaching what I am thinking with my head!!! Damn which to listen to.......?

I do need to clean the car though those pics are kind of embarrassing
Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

I am kind of in the same boat, Bobby. I have 275-17's all the way around mostly because I want to be able to rotate them. But after driving on them for just over a year, and they are a bit squirly anyway, I am seriously considering bumping the rears up to 315/18's. I am looking for stability but more importantly to get (and keep) the power to the ground.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Howierd,

I don't know that there is any stability in 11's in the back. I have had them before if anything it is like Ruttluvor says for normal driving they are not ideal, the 275 on a 9.5 wheel is a better "driving tire" I guess if your going all out around a corner the bigger the meat the better Remember my 11's were Fikse's so they were lighter than most and I still knew they were back there. See thats my head thinking. But really they look freaking BAD ***!!!

If I may give a word of advice only from my experience not because I have scientifically evaluated it. I would look to the rear prokit springs for some of your problems hard to say if you ran into the same problems I did with them but it sounds like it. The rears never felt "right" kinda like you never had COMPLETE control????
Old 03-29-2006, 04:14 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you know what I'm trying to do. Wider is better as far as I'm concerned. I'm gonna try and save for a set of fikse wheels and pay cash for at least half of them. I've got enough saved for one wheel right now..lol
Old 03-29-2006, 04:29 AM
12 Second Club

well i went from 16x8s to 17x11s in the rear with some sumitomos and mine feel pretty good... lot better than the stock size did anyway
Old 03-29-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
LOL Mark is saying what I'm feeling with my heart and you are preaching what I am thinking with my head!!! Damn which to listen to.......?

I do need to clean the car though those pics are kind of embarrassing
It is a tough choice and if I had it to do all over I would probably have stuck with the 9.5's all the way around. I do love the fat tires out back (looks-wise) but since I don't auto'x and they are street tires (no good at the drag strip) then they are purely cosmetic for me and not worth the hassle.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Go with the 11's!!!!!!!! He, He.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
I have a very serious delima here. I just got my TTII's put on 9.5 all the way around. Really happy with them.....I was going to get 11's but no stock anywhere and I was kinda on the fence about them anyways.....

Well one of the rims got damaged in the shipping not bad but not perfect and they are new so they should be. So they are going to get another in but I could wait and have them bring in an 11 instead for a little more..... Of course then I have to sell the other 9.5 and spend another 700 on a wheel and two tires.....

I'm kinda leaning more towards sticking with the 9.5's..... They fill the wheel well pretty nice I just don't know!!!!

(Excuse the dirt me, the car, a porter cable, MP IP and Zaino have a date soon!!!)
Damn dude,,, you gonna catch a break on wheels pretty soon? What is this, like the 5th bad wheel deal you've had in the last 3 months or something? You better start re-torqueing your lugs or the damn things are start falling off the cars!! That sucks man.....

And you have no excuse for the dirty car man,,, you work at HOME! It's not like you drive it to work in the rain everyday.

Since your cars a vert, I'd just stick with the 9.5's and space the wheels out if you have to. I don't think you'd be happy with the 11's rubbing, and they will rub on a vert. **** I beat the crap out of my inner fender wells and they (17x11 ZR1's) still rubbed on angled approaches. It's even worse on a vert...... ?

My .02...

Mike

Quick Reply: 9.5's or 11's on the vert?????