Sponsored by:

Jet ratings and supercharger??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet ratings and supercharger??

questions answered, thanks to all

Last edited by usd2sing; 03-31-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Teching In

you could always play around with the nitrous jets some more if you want a bit more power and keep that AF within a healthy range.

-Dan
Old 03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know if you would consider, but a lot of us with roots/screw blowers are spraying DRY shots.

The car is tuned via maf function to the a/f that is marginally RICH. You spray the nitrous POST maf sensor (after the sensor, as not to be picked up by the sensor). For approximately every 50shot of nitrous, the motor will lean out by 1/2 point.

For example, tune your car for a 10.5 a/f throughout the band on blower only, NOspray.

Now you spray the car, and the a/f will lean out to 11.0. From my personal experience, jetting is NOT all that different for the nitrous side. I can't comment on the fuel jetting, but the nitrous manufactures all rec. the same nitrous:fuel jetting, whether it's blown or not.

Here is the VERY FIRST spray tune I tried on my car (and decided to keep, I feel it's a very good tune). You can see how rich it is (for my 185 shot) before the spray hits. All I would do to solve this problem is lower the window switch to start spraying at 3300 instead of the 3600 i used.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
I don't know if you would consider, but a lot of us with roots/screw blowers are spraying DRY shots.

The car is tuned via maf function to the a/f that is marginally RICH. You spray the nitrous POST maf sensor (after the sensor, as not to be picked up by the sensor). For approximately every 50shot of nitrous, the motor will lean out by 1/2 point.

For example, tune your car for a 10.5 a/f throughout the band on blower only, NOspray.

Now you spray the car, and the a/f will lean out to 11.0. From my personal experience, jetting is NOT all that different for the nitrous side. I can't comment on the fuel jetting, but the nitrous manufactures all rec. the same nitrous:fuel jetting, whether it's blown or not.

Here is the VERY FIRST spray tune I tried on my car (and decided to keep, I feel it's a very good tune). You can see how rich it is (for my 185 shot) before the spray hits. All I would do to solve this problem is lower the window switch to start spraying at 3300 instead of the 3600 i used.

great info..thank you