Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plate is in as well as the dry Nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Plate is in as well as the dry Nozzles

Got Nitro Daves LS1 Wet Plate in as well as the DynoTune dry nozzles in the Blackwing

Benchflowed the nozzles in the blackwing too...

Boy that PS reservior was a bitch on the plate install...

Now to work on the noid placement and plumbing plan, followed by wiring the bottle stuff...

Pics after lunch and a test drive to see if the plate throws any codes.

Cheers
Beer
Old 03-30-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Ok I know the engine is dirty, I live out in the woods on a dirt/gravel road...its a never ending battle...

Anyways Drove it around as pictured, did not get any codes

Need to come up with a plan for the dry plumbing...

Hose on the plate setup to drive around til it gets plumbed by Vin@860

Spacers on the Power Steering reservoir visible in this photo...that was the Pain In *** for the install...

Drivers side Dry nozzle in the Blackwing

Plate from the passenger side view

Passenger side Dry Nozzle in Blackwing

Overall view of what I got going so far

Side view of the plate
Old 03-30-2006, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beer,
Thats looking great. Good job.
Dave
Old 03-30-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Junkie

very nice. any idea of soleniod placement?
Old 03-30-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

I have a passenger side bracket from Dave that is on the passenger side head, Vin thinks a triple N2O (Dry, Wet, Purge) setup will look cool there (may need a different bracket), then hard lined from there.

Other option is dry noid on the bracket, and hide the Wet under the fuel rail covers (which was my origional plan)...Still up in the air on what I am gonna do.

Cheers
Beer
Old 03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking GOOD !!
Hawk
Old 03-30-2006, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wondering if using a ls2 intake and TB would eliminate the need for the p/s spacers? I know the TB solenoid is on the opposite side on the C6... Looks good. Just wonder about shooting the dry shot so close in front of the MAF. I'd think it would work better after the MAF.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Got Nitro Daves LS1 Wet Plate in as well as the DynoTune dry nozzles in the Blackwing

Cheers
Beer
Wow, that's actually the first I've heard about having to move the PS reservior. That could be a pain.
Are you going to shoot a 150 shot through it? I was a little concerned about that big of a shot so close to the intake. I was afraid it might lean the 1st two cylinders (did that with a plate system on a C4)
Old 03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

Does the plate come with the PS resevoir spacers for a vette install?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys, on the P/S reservior spacers (THIS IS ONLY C-5 SPECIFIC), you can see them in this picture lower left

I used the NOS plate instructions for doing my install, they were fairly detailed (except for the P/S part, where they just said "put in the spacers" LOL)

I emptied the reservior using a new battery water bulb (automotive Turkey Baster), once emptied if you can get the bottom rear hose off on the P/S reservior, its no big deal, however I had difficulty. The factory hose clamps are the squeeze the ear type (Daves kit replaces them with with worm screw type clamps). I could not get my fat hands in with pliers to remove the clamps. The P/S Reservior slides out through the top easy enough by pushing the center prong out on the bracket (passenger side of reservior top visible in the photo above), but naturally it won't slide out if it is connected to the hose and the hose is connected. I ended up cutting the old hose out. I had a hard time putting it back together, devised a plan, and had it back together in about 10 minutes. To put it back together put the new hose on the reservior first (lubricate the hose ends so they slide on to the nipples easier), then slide the reservior back into the brackets and put the other end of the hose on the nipple. When pushing down on the reservior, it is enough to push down on the other hose end.

If you order your kit from Dave I think the spacers/hose bolts are included as long as you tell him its for a C-5 (will post pic of the kit). I bought 30thz's plate that he won, and it did not include the C-5 spacers (not needed on F-Body's). Dave hooked me up when I bought the noids from him. I think if you just want the spacer kit its $25.

Now Dave did tell me that some C-5 guys he talked to did not have to install the spacers (I beleive they modified the bracket by bending it). I looked at it, and decided the spacers were worthwhile, else the TB would be right up against the reservoir.

On the other boards I was asked "why not just go with a 150 shot and be done, now you need two of everything?" I want to do a small two stage (combined I hope to a 150 shot). I want flexibility of say doing a mild 75 shot when driving around or if need be hit the switch for the second stage for those random encounters where ya need that little extra. I also wanted a system that if I get hooked (I hear its coming) the system would be able to grow. If I want more then a 150 (if I add a new fuel pump and injectors), its just a jet change away with no "nitrous system" upgrade required, and I retain the ability to do smaller shots by running only one system (wet or dry). In addition, its different than just putting a 150 shot on.

Tony J on the dry system nozzle placement they need to be infront of the MAF, infact your encouraged to spray right at the MAF (descreened).

I have install pictures I will post at my site.

Cheers
Beer
Old 03-31-2006, 08:55 AM
8 second mod

Now to work on the noid placement and plumbing plan, followed by wiring the bottle stuff...

Pics after lunch and a test drive to see if the plate throws any codes.

Cheers
Beer
looks real good!!
can i ask, is it m6 or a4? if m6, what driveline mods? clutch ect?
thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Its a A4
Going to stay with a small combined 150 hit. Its all stock expect for the mods in my sig.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:07 AM
8 second mod

looks good!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...Tony J on the dry system nozzle placement they need to be infront of the MAF, infact your encouraged to spray right at the MAF (descreened)....
Cool. I'm not as up on the dry systems. So I guess when the nitrous hits, the MAF will max out and add fuel to compensate.

Looks like you'll have a pretty flexible setup.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:30 PM
FormerVendor

Beer,
Do you have any updates for us?
Dave
Old 04-19-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

May 6th Vinny will be plumbing his second Dave Plate with hard lines...Dyno info hopefully 75/100/125/150 on your plate coming on a stock vette.

Mocked up the Noid location, this is going to be a double lightning noid mount (both Nitrous) instead of a single. Fuel noid location is up to Vinny, may hide it under fuel rail, may put it in plain site by the Power Steering reservoir.

Got new Hoses and a Y too for the Dry side, Black with a mix of Black and Blue fittings by Matt HSW.

The Nite of May 6th I will probably do a pretty comprehensive post...
Old 04-20-2006, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

Beer,
Looking good. Just alittle FYI. You can space out that solenoid bracket to clear the fuel rail cover. This way if you add more solenoids you will not have to trim the cover.
Dave
Old 04-20-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Those fuel rail covers are hot sex! So simple but they look so damn good

Quick Reply: Plate is in as well as the dry Nozzles