LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

ascd hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ascd hoods

so i ordered a hood and spoiler back around march first, maybe even the last day in febuary. anyways i called back a couple days later cause rex wasnt in the office at the time of my original order. i was told the hood would ship right out and that the spoiler had to be made and would be 4-6 weeks, but they would pay shipping on the spoiler, so my cc was charged march 7 and i havent seen a hood yet or heard anything. called multiple times on different days, first the line was busy, then temporarily disconnected and the latest is a message that they arent taking anymore orders at this time and they are all in the shop working. what scares me the most is that the company is for sale. anyways i still have about a week to hold payment on my cc, and i will keep calling till then, but if i get no response thats what im gunna have to do. i'm not mad, just irritated, about 900 dollars and there is no communication. what gives?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Me too. I ordered a WS6 hood about March 7th, and still no word. My CC hasn't been charged yet. I dealt with Crystal on the phone. But every other call after has been either ringing with no answer, voicemail, and the newest message that they are not taking any orders. I'm assuming they are just backed up right now. It worries me though that I can't find out what is going on. I was told a WS6 hood just needed a frame put in I believe, and it would be shipped out about 3 days later. That was 3 weeks ago. I called and left a message to just call and give me a update. No call. I guess I'll just have to wait and let things happen.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of his molds are up for sale on ebay, too. He seems like a good respectable guy, I doubt he'd try ripping anyone off... but personally, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:52 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

All orderes will be filled , we will not be ripping anyone off. Sorry for the delay. You ever noticed how hard it is to get Good employees these days. It sucks. Rex We are having a new smaller builing built now. Selling some or most of my molds will allow me the time to develop several new items that I just have not had time to do in the past years. I can't just quit. Rex

Last edited by rex orr; 04-01-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear, Rex. I err on the side of caution, but from what I've seen on the boards and various other times, I doubted you'd be the type to rip anyone off.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rex orr
All orderes will be filled , we will not be ripping anyone off. Sorry for the delay. You ever noticed how hard it is to get Good employees these days. It sucks. Rex We are having a new smaller builing built now. Selling some or most of my molds will allow me the time to develop several new items that I just have not had time to do in the past years. I can't just quit. Rex

Thanks for the update, Rex. I'm not up in arms about it. I am confident that eventually my hood will show. Is it still policy to call with a tracking # once in does ship?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Originally Posted by 89KARR
Thanks for the update, Rex. I'm not up in arms about it. I am confident that eventually my hood will show. Is it still policy to call with a tracking # once in does ship?
Hello, Yes we will phone and email to get you the tracking number when the hood ships. Thanks for the understanding, we are covered up with orderes during this time of the year. We do have quite a few of our molds for sale . I after 25 years of manufacturing too many items, that require too many employees , with too many of their own problems, I perfer to now downside and work on new designs. I finialized a deal yesterday to provide a custom 33 Roadster to Steet Rod Builder that will be a build deal in your publication. . I would not short change anyone. Any body what the TV show My Name Is Earl. There is a lot of truth in the thought of that simple show. I am glad it seems to be taking off and be around for a while. Sort of the Mayberry of this time . Rex
Old 04-12-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

still no hood and still no tracking number????? i ordered this about a month and a half ago..........
Old 04-12-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

ur hood is comming from the same place my tool box is. lol
Old 04-12-2006, 06:29 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Originally Posted by fast98
still no hood and still no tracking number????? i ordered this about a month and a half ago..........
This order is to be shipped Friday. If you perfer a refund let me know. Rex
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rex orr
This order is to be shipped Friday. If you perfer a refund let me know. Rex
thats fine rex i just feel better with communication. thanks for letting me know. i'm good to go now
Old 04-13-2006, 01:36 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like things are squared away. Let me know how everything goes Fast98. Hopefully mine is not far behind.

Trevor

BTW, you anywhere near the OH/MI border?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

could i get a tracking number for this, its a week later now..........i dont know how long something takes to ship frieght so? if it hasnt been shipped yet i want a refund
Old 04-25-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

c'mon guys, can i get some info. its been 2 months and i'm sick of waiting. i want a promise that i will get a tracking number and this hood and spoiler will ship by friday or i want a refund. plain and simple. i feel my time has been wasted. my car could have been painted and back to me already. i was told when i ordered there would be no delay on the hood and that it would ship right out.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Refund will be post to your account tomorrow. Rex
Old 04-26-2006, 11:44 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Originally Posted by fast98
c'mon guys, can i get some info. its been 2 months and i'm sick of waiting. i want a promise that i will get a tracking number and this hood and spoiler will ship by friday or i want a refund. plain and simple. i feel my time has been wasted. my car could have been painted and back to me already. i was told when i ordered there would be no delay on the hood and that it would ship right out.
We signed a option to sell our commerical property and in that aggrement we allowed the new future owners of the property to do a environmental check our out 2 acres and the buildings. During this time we learned that we would not be able to do any manufacuting of our products, due to the testing of the property. We apologize for the delay in getting products built, we were not aware that this would take this long , but the new purchaser's were required to have this test done and done to their standards. For the amount of money I will receive for this property I sort of feel I had to do it. We will still be at our currect location for about 1 1/2 to 2 more months, then we move to another location. We have several new items in the development stage and will be offering them later on this summer. Again I apologize for the wait that this has cause customers. After more than 25 years in this business I do not want to leave anyone out to dry so to speak. Rex
Old 04-26-2006, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Rex, you have a PM concerning my order.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:30 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

Hello, Hood shipped out today from our shop I do not have access to the tracking number here at home, but it is on it's way. Sorry for the delay Rex
Old 04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Thank you Rex. Crystal called me Thursday and left a message saying it would ship out Friday. If you could on Monday, just slip me the tracking # via telephone message or even through a private message here. Thanks again.

Trevor
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

I will get her to get you emailed the tracking number tomorrow. Rex

Quick Reply: ascd hoods