Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP!?!?!? I need to fine a hydralic line??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!?!?!? I need to fine a hydralic line??

I have had clutch problems and I think its because of my headers heating up the hydralic line (don't know which one) which boils it and creates the air that makes my clutch stick. So i was going to try and find this line so I could put up some sort of heat shield, where do i find this line at???? I have the car jacked up right now!!! help!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

nevermind i found the master and slave cylinders but how am I going to keep it from getting the heat off the header?? its literally right next to the passenger side header
Old 03-31-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

I wrapped mine in some 3/8" fuel line, then wrapped that in aluminum tape. After all that was done it wouldnt fit under that little stock heat shield, so I took a sheet of aluminum and made my own. The new heat sheild is much bigger and covers the line from pretty much the master all the way to the slave.

James
Old 03-31-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the 3/8 line as well. I reshaped the heat shield to wrap around the new fatter line. Even after doing this though, with my old clutch setup in hot weather it was still a bitch at times. Usually by the 3-4 shift the pedal was getting close to the floor.

With my new setup, TEXtralia, new slave, and Valvoline Synpower fluid, it is awesome! No trouble whatsoever. So it could be more than just the line getting hot, flush out the old fluid and give the Valvoline a try, worth a shot for sure!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

any write ups on how to flush the fluid? sorry I am a newbie when it comes to tranny stuff...but it can't be that hard

Quick Reply: HELP!?!?!? I need to fine a hydralic line??