Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I may have found the limit

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I may have found the limit

Of my transmission. Tonight when we pulled out of Burger Master I got on it to keep up with ELlis, and the car rpm'd like it was spinning the tires, but never shifted. Sounded & felt funny. Then up past Evt on I 5, Tyler & I punched off & the car rpm'd again, but that damn black Cobra just ran away from me. Hmmmmmm, I know it's fast but

So when I got home I pulled the tranny dip stick. It's only about 1/2 pint low. But it has this odd smell to it.....like cigarette butts? Oh Ellis
Old 04-01-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Of my transmission. Tonight when we pulled out of Burger Master I got on it to keep up with ELlis, and the car rpm'd like it was spinning the tires, but never shifted. Sounded & felt funny. Then up past Evt on I 5, Tyler & I punched off & the car rpm'd again, but that damn black Cobra just ran away from me. Hmmmmmm, I know it's fast but

So when I got home I pulled the tranny dip stick. It's only about 1/2 pint low. But it has this odd smell to it.....like cigarette butts? Oh Ellis
That trans is way too young to smoke!!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

Doesnt sound good.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Crap! That's a major bummer.

Our little pulls made me wonder if something was wrong because I was prepared to be decimated.

I was avoiding any Everett action ... did you see the two staters there after 164th ... glad they didn't see my stunt passing those cars on the onramp.

Through Everett by Broadway you nailed it ... loud exhaust but not a whole lot of movement ... hmmm ... I was thinking perhaps he wasn't full throttle?

Marysville stretch ... this was what I was waiting for ... sorry for the jump start but it's all unofficial anyway. I absolutely ripped from 3rd and before I knew it was I was doing 145 which was a bit scary. Typically 100 is my cut off point but I kept waiting for a red car to blow by me ... just give him time I kept thinking... not to much longer I had to get on the brakes. It's pretty windy at those speeds!

Hopefully any issues can be resolved quickly and easily banged out. Oh and let's save that kind of fun again for the track. I just think I filled my street racing quota for the next 2 months.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

I know that since Ellis did my tranny this last time I have to back off it to get it to shift. I can floor it all day long but if I want it to shift I have to lift my foot, let it shift and then drop the hammer again.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Oh, we know my car just scared the fluid out of yours

Sorry to hear about that though, that's not good at all..I'm sure Ellis will fix you up

We had a couple ricers trying to play with us further up the road. It was hilarious..The guy was getting on it and we were just doing the regular speed limit and passing him .. Or the guy would get next to us, Ellis would romp on it for a sec then let off real fast and we'd have to wait for the guy to catch back up to us. Then he passed us coming up to a light and put on his flashers.. We were cracking up...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We will get her out and see what let go....and re-enforce it for the next round

Your Car is a great deal heavier then every one elses

MMMMMMM.... Sushi good!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
We will get her out and see what let go....and re-enforce it for the next round

Your Car is a great deal heavier then every one elses

MMMMMMM.... Sushi good!
OK OK, last night it was "let me drive it & I'll knock 3/10ths off....CHUBBY (implied)" and now my car is a land yacht.

Paging Sardog - get your *** back here & do your Jenny Craig mod to my car!

Seriously tho, after the drive shaft fiasco, we should probably look the tail shaft over anyway. But since I have yet to install the vacuum modulator check valve, the clutches / bands might very well be smoked.

And yes Tyler, I saw the cops when I was pulling on. That's why I didn't try to chase you down then. I was wishing I had your cell # so I could tell you to cool it. We will have to line up at the track. Your car pulls VERY hard! This should be fun...

PS Ellis / Don, how about if I trailer it over to Dons? R&R tranny + lift & tranny jack = good!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vacuum mod good... ALL my automatics have it I'm betting that was big part of what helped the H2 (ulitmate fatboy racer) live well.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Mark - From behind it just looked like the car would RPM really quick, but not go anywhere. When you revved it up before the exit only it made a lot of noise... but you barely accelerated. I was kinda wondering if something was wrong...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

mar thats sux mark.. sorry to hear it. hope u get it fixed
Old 04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought I was the master of drivetrain disaster...
Old 04-01-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

OK OK, last night it was "let me drive it & I'll knock 3/10ths off....CHUBBY (implied)" and now my car is a land yacht.

Seriously tho, after the drive shaft fiasco, we should probably look the tail shaft over anyway. But since I have yet to install the vacuum modulator check valve, the clutches / bands might very well be smoked.

And yes Tyler, I saw the cops when I was pulling on. That's why I didn't try to chase you down then. I was wishing I had your cell # so I could tell you to cool it. We will have to line up at the track. Your car pulls VERY hard! This should be fun...

PS Ellis / Don, how about if I trailer it over to Dons? R&R tranny + lift & tranny jack = good!

I will be on my way, just as soon as you buy my ticket Just did a little bit a light weight stuff today, like a new k-member/a-arms/steering rack, and some strange brakes should be here next week, along witha full compliment of afco shocks and springs
Old 04-01-2006, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Be my guest. Just bring Mike's.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:00 AM
Launching!

SuuuuUUUUUUUUuuuuuure...get beat by a Mustang and blame the tranny.

Feels good to flip THAT coin. B)

Get her fixed, man!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol ... Yea ... funny how things break suddenly! Always a faster Camaro but it's always in the shop ...

jk, Mark.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Second Club

we almost headed up in the Wounded Injun tonite to see if anyone wanted a piece of the "Slow" car
Old 04-02-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
we almost headed up in the Wounded Injun tonite to see if anyone wanted a piece of the "Slow" car

Hey, who's computer are you using!!!!

-
Old 04-02-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Second Club

Guess!
Old 04-02-2006, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVME
SuuuuUUUUUUUUuuuuuure...get beat by a Mustang and blame the tranny.

Feels good to flip THAT coin. B)

Get her fixed, man!
The way Tyler's car pulls on the highway, I'm not sure I could beat if the car DID run right. At the track I should put a few lengths on him off the line, but from a 60mph roll, I think our cars would be a heck of a race.

And Ellis I I found a few issues with the car last night. The exhaust blew apart, several of the boost side hose clamps were extremenly loose, and then during the test drive we discovered the car was getting a whole bunch of random misfire events. To the point it would throw a code & go into limp mode. We fixed all that and the car felt like it was back to normal. But we'll drop the tranny pan just to make sure.....Thanks Ellis & Don!!!

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Hey, who's computer are you using!!!!

-
Pay NO attetniotn to any **** site related bills!!! And you had 12 Mikes when we left.

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 04-02-2006 at 12:35 PM.