LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

got my fuel system... man i'm going to be busy...

Old 04-01-2006, 01:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default got my fuel system... man i'm going to be busy...

Got my stuff from Nasty performance to just about complete the car prior to the engine being delivered next week... I had Nate set me up with enough fuel system for about 1000hp so hopefully this will do the trick. I'm real impressed with the quality of the stuff.... Only bad thing is during the shipping i think nate forget to put the regulator in the box.... i paid for it so i know it should be there.... (nate if you read this please ship regulator )

Other than that i'm stoked.... i'm going to be tired installing all this stuff but really happy that fueling won't be an issue with my new setup... The 12AN feed out of the tank is simply gigantic. the pics don't do it justice...

Tank is a 12 gallon sumped aluminum cell designed to fit in the stock location using the stock straps. Cell comes with aftermarket sender that works with stock GM gauges (or autometer fuel level gauge in my case). Supply line (that you can't see cuz it's on the other side of garage) is 10AN feed into a Fuellab pre-filter then to a large Weldon 600A pump (good to 1000hp), and then another fuellab 100 micron filter. 10AN will run up to the Fuellab y-block (pictured) and split into two 8AN lines running to the back of the fuel rails. The two 8's will continue on the front of the rails running into a fuellab boost referenced three port regulator. twin 6AN's into the regulator and one 6AN line out the bottom going all the way back to the tank.....

The other pic is the other piece of the equation that came the other day. A complete painless wiring pro-street wiring harness/switch panel/fuse block.... basically wiring for a complete car to include gauges, lights, blinkers, ignition, fan, water pump and two fuel pumps..... i've got alot of work to do in the next few days...

Old 04-01-2006, 02:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks awesome !
Old 04-01-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Regular

Gorgeous looking setup!

Now, does this setup allow you to keep the stock muffler location?

I love the design of the tank and all, but the dimensions are just so radical compared to the stock tanks I am having a hard time getting my brain around how it fits in the stock location (I mean I could see if it fit upside down, which I know is not the case)... Please take some pics of it going in so I can put this mental exercise to rest...

My system is already a 10an feed/6an return with a similar setup of all SX Performance stuff (80micron pre-filter, 1000hp pump, 10micron post-filter, custom feed out of stock tank, fuel pump and filters mounted below rear bumper), but without the proverbial 'catch can' and advanced baffling the stock tank doesn't have, when you get down to a 1/4 tank of gas or lower and hit the brakes hard you can hear the pump groan at times if it starves for fuel... So my fuel system needs are 'taken care of', but there is always room for improvement...
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Veteran

I'd check for leaks just in case. LOL It would suck to get all that installed and it leak a little.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:07 AM
9 Second Club

Now, does this setup allow you to keep the stock muffler location
AFAIK, yes... however i'm going to be running true duals with turndowns before the axle so it won't affect me.. if i was going to run the stock exhaust setup i would probably use a longer 90 degree bend so i could keep the 12AN fuel line out of the tank as tight to the tank as possible (not like it is now)...
i'd probably use braided steel also instead of the rubber line to avoid melting it....

Acutally comparing the stock tank to the aftermarket they look pretty similar. the nasty tank is considerably smaller depth wise... do a search for "nasty tank" on here and you'll find a few threads with installed pics... when i first looked at the pictures of it laying on the floor i didn't think it would fit either until i pulled my stock tank and saw what it looked like.... thanks for the compliments...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

What Y-block do you have ?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

I'm at a loss for words. All I can muster is that is freakin sweet.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:49 PM
9 Second Club

The Y-block is from FuelLab.... same company that made the filters....

You can get them thru Nasty Performance....

I'm at a loss for words. All I can muster is that is freakin sweet
Thanks man. exactly what i said when i opened the box...
Old 04-01-2006, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Huh, I just asked Nate if Fuelab made a Y-block and he said no How much was the Y-block and what size is the supply in to the dual out ?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96silverram
That looks awesome !
really nice setup.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:46 PM
9 Second Club

Hmmmmm in my email he said it was from Fuellab..... it damn sure ain't aeromotive cause theirs is black... this one is a 10AN in to dual 8AN out.... I think it was like 90 bucks.....
Old 04-01-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, that sucks, in researching this setup, you pretty much have to keep 5 gallons in teh thing at all times to properly supply the sump... That means it effectively is a 7 gallon capacity for 'useable' fuel before you need to start looking for a gas station... On my current modified stock tank I have 10-11 gallons 'useable' before I get to 1/4 tank and 'have' to fill up before I start running into possible issues... Maybe I'll jsut stick with what I have..
Old 04-01-2006, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

So the sump wants to have 5 gallons present to work correctly and 6 gallons to 12 gallons is where the sender will actually show your empty to full status ? I'm assuming the needle on the gas guage won't even work until you have 5 gallons in the tank ? Empty (5 gallons) to full (12 gallons) the needle will measure the variance from those two points.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

Wow, 5 gallons??? Looking at the sump which is rather small i'd be surprised if it took 5 gallons to keep it supplied..... especially racing..... that is pretty interesting though if true..... guess i'll just have to keep 5 gallons of the good stuff in it then....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got my fuel system... man i'm going to be busy...