Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce Counterweights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Centerforce Counterweights?

I was considering a centerforce df clutch, but was told something that scared me the other day. A friend of mine said the weights that are supposed to lessen the clutch pedal pressure shift and throw the crank out of balance. Has anyone heard of this? Does this make sense?
Old 04-03-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a centerforce clutch in my car and I do notice a little extra vibration, especially at high RPM.... Dunno if it's really that bad as the weights aren't that big and they're concentric on the pressure plate. I wouldn't say it's much worse than the factory clutch or enough to make me concerned. The weights are actually there to increase the bite of the clutch. As RPMs increase the weights pull on the diaphragm supposedly making it squeeze down harder.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike44138
I have a centerforce clutch in my car and I do notice a little extra vibration, especially at high RPM.... Dunno if it's really that bad as the weights aren't that big and they're concentric on the pressure plate. I wouldn't say it's much worse than the factory clutch or enough to make me concerned. The weights are actually there to increase the bite of the clutch. As RPMs increase the weights pull on the diaphragm supposedly making it squeeze down harder.

Hmmmm, that kind of worries me a bit. I wonder if that vibration you are experiencing is because of those weights.....Anyone else have any insight into this??
Old 04-05-2006, 07:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard rumors of the old 11" version clutches having issues with their weights breaking and not allowing the clutch to work as it should. But so far i have yet to hear anything bad about the new 12" version. I have a 12" and i have no complaints whatsoever!

Quick Reply: Centerforce Counterweights?