Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Centerforce Are They Anygood

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centerforce Are They Anygood

2001 TRANS AM With a Centerforce duel friction I have went through 2 slave cyl. Did I do somthing wrong? Do I need to Shim the slave. Is there a stronger slave? Has any one else had this problem?
Old 04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is blowing up your slave cylinders? Are they wearing from the inside out?

Check out this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=input+shaft
Old 04-03-2006, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

I've had my Centerforce for almost 2 years, no problems.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

when i called to order a clutch last week from speed inc, they told me to get a spec over a centerforce. they told me centerforce are great for stangs, but that spec is way better for fbodies.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by grubby98
when i called to order a clutch last week from speed inc, they told me to get a spec over a centerforce. they told me centerforce are great for stangs, but that spec is way better for fbodies.
I wouldn't believe everything you hear. ESPECIALLY....the first thing you hear! I have a centerforce dual friction clutch in my car right now and have no complaints so far! The problem with people that talk bad about centerforce is they dont know that centerforce has done their homework and the clutches they make now are nothing like what they had in the past. Centerforce also now offers a bigger 12" clutch as opposed to the old 11" design. Do a search on Will Baty on here and send him a pm. He will tell you everything you need to know good or bad about centerforce.

P.S.- i have made several trips to the track on this clutch and have launched every time @ 3000-3200 and slipping the clutch. This clutch also sees stop and go traffic every single day.

Brent
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1powerhouse02
I wouldn't believe everything you hear. ESPECIALLY....the first thing you hear! I have a centerforce dual friction clutch in my car right now and have no complaints so far! The problem with people that talk bad about centerforce is they dont know that centerforce has done their homework and the clutches they make now are nothing like what they had in the past. Centerforce also now offers a bigger 12" clutch as opposed to the old 11" design. Do a search on Will Baty on here and send him a pm. He will tell you everything you need to know good or bad about centerforce.

P.S.- i have made several trips to the track on this clutch and have launched every time @ 3000-3200 and slipping the clutch. This clutch also sees stop and go traffic every single day.

Brent
dude... I give you 5-7k miles... It will be toast!! TRUST ME....... JUST WAIT!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:39 AM
12 Second Club

well i have over 5,000 miles on it right now and no complaints so far! If it does die on me then i will be back on here agreeing with you and saying centerforce is junk. But until then i have nothing but good things to say about it. To each their own i guess.

Quick Reply: Centerforce Are They Anygood