General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Electrical Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problem?

I just got my headers put on and when i got my car back the air bag sign wont go off and my stering wheel buttons for my radio dont work at all. It looks like a fuse but i checked the fuses and nothing. If anyone knows what else it could be please let me know thanks.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

let me guess.they removed the steering shaft to install the headers?but they didn't tie the steering wheel off so it couldn't turn to far and break the clock spring in the steering columb.i believe its going to be finger pointing time very shortly.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a problem similiar to that. after i got the cam installed the ARS light came on. after i got it tuned it went away but every now and then it comes back on. i tried pressing the button to turn it off but it won't turn off. it turns off on its own.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YoMommasTA
let me guess.they removed the steering shaft to install the headers?but they didn't tie the steering wheel off so it couldn't turn to far and break the clock spring in the steering columb.i believe its going to be finger pointing time very shortly.
I am not sure if he removed the steering shaft, but i talked to him about it and he isnt sure about it either. Could thier be like a wire or something around that area that could have been disconeccted during the installation you think?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned

sounds to me like the clock spring in the steering columb is broken,very common when installing headers.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YoMommasTA
sounds to me like the clock spring in the steering columb is broken,very common when installing headers.
How do i go about fixing that?