Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

CENTERFORCE dual friction- Trashed in less than 5-6k miles!! (being resolved :) )

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CENTERFORCE dual friction- Trashed in less than 5-6k miles!! (being resolved :) )

Centerforce has a great disclaimer..... if you don't register the clutch... they dont warranty it! I bought a centerforce clutch from SpeedFreaks in Dallas TX... I had it installed when i bought my car..... less than 5 or 6k miles ago... My car dyno's 380rwhp.... It is toast! Hard Pedal feel and is not a "performance clutch!" I am pissed.. I paid over 380.00 for a new clutch, plus labor, and to have the flywheel resurfaced!

CENTERFORCE SUCKS!!! take my advise!

cc: Centerforce!

Last edited by WizeAss; 04-04-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

my nice little email:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:19 AM
To: 'bryanw@centerforce.com'
Cc: 'larryc@centerforce.com'; 'brianh@centerforce.com'
Subject: New Advertising for Centerforce on LS1tech.com!! No Warranty huh??

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...74#post4551774

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=375269

I am just getting started ..... I can delete the posts.... if someone contacts me about a return/refund/warranty.

Mike
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

WHO ELSE HAS HAD ISSUES WITH THE CF DUAL FRICTION CLUTCH??
Old 04-04-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When you had the clutch installed, what other work was done? And how many miles were on the car at install & now?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

hey dude....i would seriously give Will Baty a call.....i will send you his number via pm. So far i have been lucky and haven't had a problem. I'm right at 5,000 miles on mine. There is a thread on here somewhere where people were talking bad about centerforce and will baty came on here and talked with each and every person that claimed they had a problem. And i'm pretty sure that he fixed every single person's problems. Even if the cause of the clutch failure was the installer!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

I never had an issue with my CF DF and I was putting down close to 500 RWHP.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

i think any performance clutch is shoot or miss. Ive been luck with my RAMs so far. My spec III on the other hand is another story. Hope you get it fixed.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
i think any performance clutch is shoot or miss. Ive been luck with my RAMs so far. My spec III on the other hand is another story. Hope you get it fixed.
nope... they wont give me my money back.... although i would assume I owe atleast 5k worth of mileage.... I assume the clutch should last for 20k miles atleast.... so... figuring that the car only has 380rwhp and so few miles.... a replacement is not necessary.... it was installed correctly... the flywheel was resurfaced.. I have a new master and slave cylinder as well.... 100% manufacturer product error IMO.... they say it is a stage 3 high performance clutch, yet so many complain and say spec or ram is better!!! LMAO!

I will just keep bumping this thread until enough have not purchased a CF clutch and "I" feel I have recieved my moneys worth! LOL
Old 04-04-2006, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

i dont know exactly how many people say spec is better.....b/c the main things i hear about spec is: strictly on/off engagement, clutch chatter, and there are just as many people that dont like spec as there is that do like spec. Its the same story as centerforce. And just a little something else to consider.....i know of atleast a handful of stories about spec clutches "exploding". And as far as i'm concerned....i would rather not have to worry about loosing my leg while driving down the road due to a clutch blowing up on me!

Like ninobrn99 said.....i think it is a hit or miss type thing!
Old 04-04-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

If you paid 380 for it then you probably got the 11 inch version.

what was the part number on your clutch?

Everywhere I have looked the older 11 inch version costs more than the updated 12 inch centerforce.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

i have centerforce DF sprayin 150 ran 11.82@120.25 with 8,000 miles on it and have had no problems, the gm hyd. system on the other hand....well thats a totally different thread. hard pedal feel could be a hyd issue
Old 04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

HARDER than stock.... that is a CF.. it was like that when i put it in.. after replacing master and slave cylinders due to the pedal to the floor problem...

it is def. the clutch... GUYS.. it just sucks!
Old 04-04-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
I will just keep bumping this thread until enough have not purchased a CF clutch and "I" feel I have recieved my moneys worth! LOL
Good luck with that.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gettinthere
Good luck with that.
WHAT would you do?? Take it like a man??

Dude.. If i bought a set of headers that were coated and rusted out in 4 months.. I would make them recoat em... If I buy a clutch that is rated at 500 horses and it craps out with only 380rwhp... in less than 6k miles... I expect an explanation... or response. I am not out 380.... I am out 380, plus 250 install, plus a new clutch (another 400 bucks!)

you are talking about a grand wasted on an inferior product... maybe I recieved a bad batch.. or my 11 inch is outdated.. who knows... no one has said **** to me!
Old 04-04-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

check this out, i know your pissed about this, but bashing a sponsor and their product isnt going to solve anything. Give a Will a call and see if he'll work with you. The key is to be calm. Work with him, not against them. I feel ya. My spec did the same ****. after 7k and only 3 track passes it was slipped horribly and chattered like crazy! i was so pissed, but spec didnt do anything about it..oh well, now when someone asks, i give them my piece.
Nino
Old 04-04-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

WHAT would you do?? Take it like a man??

Dude.. If i bought a set of headers that were coated and rusted out in 4 months.. I would make them recoat em... If I buy a clutch that is rated at 500 horses and it craps out with only 380rwhp... in less than 6k miles... I expect an explanation... or response. I am not out 380.... I am out 380, plus 250 install, plus a new clutch (another 400 bucks!)

you are talking about a grand wasted on an inferior product... maybe I recieved a bad batch.. or my 11 inch is outdated.. who knows... no one has said **** to me!

Yeah, I'd be pissed. But I wouldn't try to change the clutch world with a thread. It sucks and unfortunate that it happened, but don't you think typing not to buy thier clutches in huge bold font is a little over the top? You even stated that if it's not registered, it's not warrantied. Did you register it? If not, then you have no room to complain because you screwed yourself.

Trust me when I tell you this, starting things like this won't get you anywhere. Bashing a company is a good way for them to tell you to take a hike. Being civil about it tends to yield better results.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
check this out, i know your pissed about this, but bashing a sponsor and their product isnt going to solve anything. Give a Will a call and see if he'll work with you. The key is to be calm. Work with him, not against them. I feel ya. My spec did the same ****. after 7k and only 3 track passes it was slipped horribly and chattered like crazy! i was so pissed, but spec didnt do anything about it..oh well, now when someone asks, i give them my piece.
Nino
I called Will... left him a VM... my main reason for the post was to warn others..... then I got to thinking and kept getting more pissed . I dont see what he can due.. you can always blame it on something else.. the thing is unless something went horribly wrong it should not slip...... heat spots... weak Flywheel and all... it should be able to bite down on the flywheel since it is made of a better composite performance material and designed to hold better... It should hold better than stock and wear out sooner than stock. I understand this.. but 5k is rediculous.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gettinthere
Yeah, I'd be pissed. But I wouldn't try to change the clutch world with a thread. It sucks and unfortunate that it happened, but don't you think typing not to buy thier clutches in huge bold font is a little over the top? You even stated that if it's not registered, it's not warrantied. Did you register it? If not, then you have no room to complain because you screwed yourself.

Trust me when I tell you this, starting things like this won't get you anywhere. Bashing a company is a good way for them to tell you to take a hike. Being civil about it tends to yield better results.
Bro... I talked to people before making this this thread... no solutions...
Here is what I am willing to do.... I will remove the clutch.. then post pics of the disc........ and then I will either

A: Apologize and delete the thread
B: send the clutch to Centerforce or
C: Bumpity Bump Bump!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

you havnt taken a look at it yet???

WTF!!!

And you posted all this before you know what has gone wrong/broke??
Old 04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bro... I talked to people before making this this thread... no solutions...
Here is what I am willing to do.... I will remove the clutch.. then post pics of the disc........ and then I will either

A: Apologize and delete the thread
B: send the clutch to Centerforce or
C: Bumpity Bump Bump!

Step 1 should have been removing the clutch.

Quick Reply: CENTERFORCE dual friction- Trashed in less than 5-6k miles!! (being resolved :) )