LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problems w/ my 93 formula

Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems w/ my 93 formula

First and formost i have a 93 formula with 124k miles on it. The car runs fine while its cold then once the car gets warm and i start to accelerate and get it over 1/4 throttle it starts breaking up, sputturing and sometimes stalls this is intermittent but the warmer the car is or the longer im driving it the more it happens. Ive checked the coil and swapped a stock one in to see if that was the problem and it still did it. the wires look fine, and my fuel pressure is good.. so what do u guys think it is im leaning towards opti but i just wanted more opinions.
Second i have a bad exhaust leak off the passanger side manifold i tried to swap the gasket out and i proceeded to break the back bolt off flush with the head..so heres the question with this ive heard u can just buy headers and they use different bolt holes in the back than the stock ****..is this true??? if not do u kno of anyway too get the bolt out w/out pulling the head or the motor??? any suggestions are appreciated im one step away from burning it to the ground...
Old 04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Launching!

check your opti my has water in it on heating up my be causing problems to arise
Old 04-04-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Your opti is most likely your drivablility prob. And yes you are correct that some headers do you a different bolt hole, so you can avoid extracting the broken one. Chances are, you didn't break the bolt, it was already broken. They all do it.

Paul
Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

did you scan for codes?
I was all ready to swap out my opti. as soon as mine got warm, it would break up, sputter, stall the works.
pulled my codes today 34. Replaced the MAP, 10000% better!
$35 +2 minutes. It was worth it!
Old 04-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Teching In

it hasnt thrown a check engine light until after it has stalled... and i thought in order for a code to be thrown the light had to be on...
somebody also mentioned to methe ICM do u think that would cause this also??
Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I NEVER HAD THE SES LIGHT ON!!!
Go to Shoebox's site to see how to test various sensors. But FIRST, grab a paperclip, and go check your codes! Then, disconnect your battery, to reset the codes, then drive it again, and recheck the codes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems w/ my 93 formula