Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

need help with welder ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:21 PM
ODB
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with welder ASAP

i have a millermatic 210 and everything was working fine up untill today, im in the middle of putting a roll bar in my car and the welder just doesnt seem to be working right. for some reason the wire is pooling up before making an arc with what im going to weld. and i cant lay a bead down without practically touching the tip the the metal. im using an argon co2 mix at approx 18-20 cfm and have checked everything and have no clue whats going on.
i go to strike and arc and a get a louder then usual gas flow sound and the wire just starts to burn right up, almost sounds like im using a torch, changing the wire speed, heat range or gas flow does nothing. maybe i got some bad gas? or the regulator is broken.
please help
Old 04-04-2006, 11:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post pics? I have had 4 since 1995. I would like to think that I have had every problem known to them
Old 04-05-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your not getting good gas coverage. Make sure you dont have any leaks somewhere.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you have a problem with the ground or gun contact... check and makes sure both are tight, and if they are you may want to pull the gun out of the contact block and check the inside of it. I've had the insides of their gun contacts erode away...

Quick Reply: need help with welder ASAP