Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 Question and gas question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default N20 Question and gas question

OK guys, Few Question... I Own an 02 Firehawk with 60K on it and its a M6 Car. my questions are as follows

1) I am looking into buying a HSW kit (dry shot, planning on running 75-100 HP) and i have only an SLP Loudmouth and 160* Thermo. Is This suitable, and what intails as far as tuning/fuel system. any hints, or advice? also if anyone has had a HSW kit installed, i would love to hear about them.

2)using a window switch, i want the N20 to come on around 3200 and cut out at 6K. is this a good plan or not?

3)The gas sold in CA is only 91 octane around here, is this a problem? i know they say stick with 92 or higher, but that is very hard to find, if at all possible around here at a station.

If you guys can answer any of these it would be greatly appreciated. I have been around LS1tech for a while but am new as far as posting. I Give everyone here probs, this is the best community online period. Also much credit to HSW, and Nitro daves who do an awesome job pushing thier products. Also, i am new to N20 all together, my dad always raised me old school, and i just plain didnt seriously look at it until lately. I must say this site alone has brought me to the point i am at now. so any advice at all as far as sysems would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

Eric
Old 04-06-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

also, What is a good remote bottle opener. I am not too concerned about info on this one but i dont wanna spend money on something that isnt that great
Old 04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the nx opener, there are other good ones as well, you window switch setting sound ok, I only run 94 octane from sunoco here is PA. change your plugs too to tr6's. As far as tuning I take timing off the top, but If your not knocking, you should be fine.