Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

piston rings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piston rings?

How long do piston rings last on the juice? Currently Im spraying 100 shot (wet, zex) and was wondering how long I have untill the rings burn and kill my compression. I have the ngk tr55's on right now and a walbro 255 in-line fuel pump.(if that has any to do with keeping the rings longer). Oh, and I've heard that I should switch to the tr6's but do I absolutly have to with such a small shot? Spraying off the line (no window switch) on an A4.

thanks

Last edited by oner; 04-06-2006 at 10:50 AM. Reason: needed to put more info.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

wrong plugs/ Tr6's should be in your ride gapped to like .038, so I would guess not long at all with the wrong plugs. Plus if you spray below 3200 rpm, you could get fuel puddling in the intake, that would be one hell of a hiccup=blown manifold. What is your launch speed? Are you getting above that? I would change the plugs there are tons of no2 and tr5 horror stories.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
wrong plugs/ Tr6's should be in your ride gapped to like .038, so I would guess not long at all with the wrong plugs. Plus if you spray below 3200 rpm, you could get fuel puddling in the intake, that would be one hell of a hiccup=blown manifold. What is your launch speed? Are you getting above that? I would change the plugs there are tons of no2 and tr5 horror stories.
Launch speed? I dont have a stall. just spray off the line. So the correct plugs will help me with my concern? thanks for your time.