General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

royal treatment

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default royal treatment

my car just roled over 100000 miles so i decided to do everything considering i am not sure how well the previous owner took care of her. I switched everything to Royal Purple. engine (already done), trans, rearend, and coolant additive. just wanted to see what you guys thought of the diffrent products and if anyone else had gone all one brand. i have spark plugs too and was wondering if there is anything else i might as well change. i also noticed my rear main seal leaking . thought i would get your thoughts. the spark blugs are bosch platnium +4. I know the guy at NAPA. he has a 98 trans am and switched to bosch at 100000 and felt a noticable diffrence in power. i am wondering if there is any GOOD reason not to use these over the NGK which i have seen recommended here. The guy at NAPA now has 160000 miles on his car with no problems. Alright Thanks.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IM about 200 miles away from 100K In the last 1000 miles the water pump, A/C tensioner, and AIR pump have all gone out.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Royal purple is great stuff. I would't bother with the coolant additive, just a flush and refill of the coolant should be fine. I'm not a fan of the bosch +4, they won't hurt but i just think there a fancy plug that does nothing over the regular plug. Also you did't metion plug wires but nows a good time to do those. You could also change you brake fluid and power steering fluid.