TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Recognize this 16 noid set-up

Does anyone know what this kit is?

Robert
Old 04-06-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

something that will make hella power or die trying. and that i wish i had.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the Wizards of NOS Pulsoids kit, only using SS line rather than their "patented 5mm nylon hose." Each noid only flows +/- 150hp (unless you ugrade the HD Pulsoids that go up to 250bhp). Lots of bashing, as I have read into the products and some history....the UK Co. really has nothing nice to say about the American products, R&D etc.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

possible 1000hp sequential nitrous injection system. More Pictures.

What they prob did is created there own nitrous control system to pulse the solenoids like injectors and therefore can modify how much fuel or nitrous is injector per rev, allowing them to curve it based on input from wbo2, egt, or whatevever else they want. Sounds like a cheat to get around the EFI rules to me, but a very good cheat. That i would use any day of the week.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Restricted User

Go to Wizards of NOS website and you can read all about their products. The controllers they use are similar, if not the same, as some sold from sponsors of this forum.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

that motor AINT ****
Old 04-07-2006, 07:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
that motor AINT ****
Ya thats what I was thinking
Old 04-07-2006, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

Wow !
Old 04-07-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure what their problem is but they bash american products like none other
Old 04-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nice picture, but I see alot of broke fitting if the car that goes in, gets into tire shake.
Ricky
Old 04-07-2006, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Good idea, and it could be done using just about any solenoids but it's a little to bulky looking for my taste. Not to mention, as other's have already stated, Trevor (WoN) has an openly stated hate for American companies, products, R&D methods, etc.

Good find Robert, is that on a car here in the states or is it from across the pond? I think it's funny how much Trevor puts down American nitrous products/companies and touts his systems as being superior, and yet you never hear anything about his systems here in the states or over seas. I think there's a Pro Mod car up north that is using the Pulseoids on two or three stages, but last time I looked they were having problems getting it sorted out.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Good idea, and it could be done using just about any solenoids but it's a little to bulky looking for my taste. Not to mention, as other's have already stated, Trevor (WoN) has an openly stated hate for American companies, products, R&D methods, etc.

Good find Robert, is that on a car here in the states or is it from across the pond? I think it's funny how much Trevor puts down American nitrous products/companies and touts his systems as being superior, and yet you never hear anything about his systems here in the states or over seas. I think there's a Pro Mod car up north that is using the Pulseoids on two or three stages, but last time I looked they were having problems getting it sorted out.
Johnny Barb's '63 Vette.

Nick
Old 04-07-2006, 10:31 AM
8 Sec Tuner

That looks like Trevor Langfields work. He helps a guy named Johnny Barb who races Pro-Modified in the Quick 8 Racers Association up and down the east coast. The car has never run as fast as it should.

I'm not a big fan of Trevor Langfield. He thinks he's the only person that understands how nitrous works and all of these other crazy things but the one car he's associated with runs at the bottom of the field in a local series. Of course if you ask him about it he'll tell you it's because Johnny doesn't make enough HP naturally aspirated to run the .0's required to be competitive there.

You would be better off going a different direction IMHO.

-Ben R.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

Nick and Mike - That's the one I was talking about, but didn't know the guy's name. They have posted a couple of good passes on Trevor's website and when they do he has nothing but praise and congratualtions for them and the nitrous system (not to mention the occasional "I told you all that my parts are the best" lol). But when the car doesn't run the numbers that it could/should (which is the majority of the time), then Trevor blames it on the driver, tuner, engine, tranny, weather, track condition, or anything else that isn't the nitrous system, lol.

I personally think the solenoid per cylinder idea is an interesting one that has some very interesting opportunities if the right management software is used, but that would be an entirely different thread, lol.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
I personally think the solenoid per cylinder idea is an interesting one that has some very interesting opportunities if the right management software is used, but that would be an entirely different thread, lol.

You ever seen this done beofore? I was thinking of doing it dry nitrous so you wouldnt have to worry about a fuel noid failing. You have to have a computer anyway so why not use it for injectors also. But if you were in a class that didnt allow EFI this might be alil work around with the right solenoids.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Spenser309
You ever seen this done beofore? I was thinking of doing it dry nitrous so you wouldnt have to worry about a fuel noid failing. You have to have a computer anyway so why not use it for injectors also. But if you were in a class that didnt allow EFI this might be alil work around with the right solenoids.
Not successfully. Trevor at Wizards of Nos has tried this (or his customers have), as you can see by the picture that Robert posted, but I have never seen it work consistently or as good as a regular direct port setup.

However, I think it has the potential to work very well. It would take some pretty high quality and heavy duty solenoids as well as a pretty sophisticated management program.

In fact, Ricky and I were toying with the idea of how to run an engine on nitrous and fuel solenoids alone without any atmospheric air entering the engine. It would involve this type of setup and a management program like the FJO 341B. This was actually quite a long thread discussion here in the nitrous section, you could probably find it via a search. Granted, the idea of running an engine solely on nitrous and fuel without any atmospheric air is a little toward the extreme and would require lots of time and money, but I think the solenoid per cylinder setup could work well on a normal engine given enough patience and the right management program.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually, i got alot of it figured out, i need about 1 or 2 promised items to come out like i think they are going to be, then im preatty sure i could make the street w/ air setup. But tuning it would be next to impossible for me. btw i like MSEFI.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Spencer - I hope you can get it worked out if you decide to go for it. It would probably be quite a bit easier to do this setup dry so that you would have half as many solenoids being pulsed, and it would be easier to increase fuel via injectors than by pulsing fuel solenoids.

I guess this type of setup might end up being the next step in the evolution of nitrous sytsems, lol.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We, can call it the SENI Sequential Electronic Nitrous Injection...
Old 04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep here's the car.

Here's another engine pic. I agree, may be the next step in the nitrous world, however, we'll need a good management system.

Robert