LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 coming along... few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 383 coming along... few questions...

OK i am confused, my 383 is internally balanced and i know i have to machine the weights on the flywheel off so its zero balanced, but does the pulley/harmonic balancer coming off the crank have to be balanced to zero too? it looks like it has weights in it. Or can i just stick it back on there.

Also a huge thing really important is i need the little metal clips that hook onto the fuel injectors and the fuel rail, i am stupid and didnt know they just slid off the back of the fuel rail so i bend and broke them. I went to the gm dealer and he told me i cant even buy those i gotta buy like a whole injector kit!?

Third and most stupidely i am probably the first person to probably over torque a optispark bolt but one broke off into the block and its a pretty small width so how do i get it out?? i dunno if that small of a drill bit will work.

THANKS sorry for the length
Old 04-07-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well about the first guestion i dont know but i need that info as well....ever since i put my 396 in i have had a small vibration and cant figure it out. everything was balanced except the balancer.

Quick Reply: 383 coming along... few questions...