Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I make 100 shot completely safe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I make 100 shot completely safe?

Just like the title says, im your typical person that thinks NOS will kill your car..but in most cases ive seen people push there LS1's with more miles then me and be fine..I think there is NOS kit about to come for sale local and I want to make it as safe as possible..Maybe drop the pill to 100 shot instead of 150. I just got tr55s put in too..HOw safe can I make this setup..I dont have the money to buy a new motor right now

Landon
Old 04-07-2006, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

You can make it pretty safe you just need to buy a few extras. A rpm window switch(i would suggest one that has the wot switch built into it) and a fuel pressure saftey switch. I would also get tr6s insted of tr55s.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I put an FJO 2 channel wideband on mine for safety. Not cheap but it will shut the system down if it gets too rich or too lean. It has a TPS and window switch built in so you don't have to buy them extra. I also found a neat way to put an LED in that comes on as a warning if the fuel pressure drops and the fuel pressure safety switch is still functional.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Hey terry s how much does that FJO 2 channel wideband COST?
Old 04-08-2006, 01:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AdReNoLiNjUnKiE
Hey terry s how much does that FJO 2 channel wideband COST?
Yeah, I'd like to know the answer as well. I plan on spraying 150 shot soon and I would like to get a wide band with a window switch like yours......
Old 04-08-2006, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Swap out the plugs for a set of TR6s and pick up the safety stuff, like a window switch and fuel pressure safety switch and you'll be fine. If your looking for a controller that will shut down the nitrous system if the A/F ratio goes lean take a look at our Edge controller.

Matt
Old 04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=67

Hey Terry, Is this the switch you got?

Awesome job on your set-up Terry, Hope mine comes out as well!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigDaddyZ28
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=67

Hey Terry, Is this the switch you got?

Awesome job on your set-up Terry, Hope mine comes out as well!
BigDaddy Z28, 000Vette & AdReNoLiNjUnKie

Big Daddy, no that is a narrow band unit because it works off your existing 02 sensors. Not knocking the product but I believe a wideband is much more accurate and safer. It is much cheaper than a wideband though. The stock 02 sensors as I understand are just looking for 14.7 AFR (I think). They are just trying to tell the computer to keep the car at the right AFR for good economy. They weren't designed to be looking for AFRs like we are running nitrous at. I do not know how often the narrow band samples but the FJO wideband samples about 200 times a second. It also can data log and has some other features. From what I have read and heard it is the most rugged unit on the market. check their web site www.fjoracing.com

I paid $590.00 shipped with the bosch 02 sensors and a round gauge. They were closing out the old style gauges so I think I saved about $37.00 or so on the gauge. Their price list is on the website but they do not sell direct. I shopped all over and got the best deal from Dave ay Nitrous Outlet. Great guy to deal with. If you decide to get one tell him I recomended it. You can get a single channel for less money but it only can monitor one side of the motor.

Don't forget if you subtract what you would pay for a window switch and a TPS switch the wideband it's self is cheaper than it appears.

I decided that if it saved me just once it paid for its self many times over.

I am almost finished with my install. Putting in the switch panel now. Like Matt said I will be getting some NGK TR6 plugs & gap at .038
Old 04-09-2006, 04:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

[QUOTE=terry s]BigDaddy Z28, 000Vette & AdReNoLiNjUnKie

Big Daddy, no that is a narrow band unit because it works off your existing 02 sensors. Not knocking the product but I believe a wideband is much more accurate and safer. It is much cheaper than a wideband though. /QUOTE]

Just a correction - our product works with either narrow band or wideband. But Terry is right on - with wideband you are better off as far as accuracy. Maybe we should change the description if its misleading.

Thanks guys!
Dean
Old 04-09-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=DynotuneN2O]
Originally Posted by terry s
BigDaddy Z28, 000Vette & AdReNoLiNjUnKie

Big Daddy, no that is a narrow band unit because it works off your existing 02 sensors. Not knocking the product but I believe a wideband is much more accurate and safer. It is much cheaper than a wideband though. /QUOTE]

Just a correction - our product works with either narrow band or wideband. But Terry is right on - with wideband you are better off as far as accuracy. Maybe we should change the description if its misleading.

Thanks guys!
Dean
Dean: I apologize for not reading your product description thouroughly>
I guess I just tuned in on the fact that it can use the existing 02 sensors. Your product description is clear and accurate.

However some people (me included before I became a little more knowledgeable about all this) might think they get the same or similar accuracy from a $149.00 unit as you would from a wideband. I'm sure you have a great product there for the person who does not have the $$$ for a wideband.

I have learned that Nitrous can be very deceiving in that you can add a lot of horsepower for several hundred dollars. This can be very attractive particularly for pepople on a limited budget. However the irony of this is people on a limited budget can least afford to grenade their motor.

Anyone who thinks they can add significant power to their motor with no risk is un-informed. I see people putting nitrous on their car with few or no safety features. Sure some will get away with it, but some dont.

Then you see people who badmouth nitrous as a death sentance for your motor. When their information most likely came from someone who lost a motor because of lack of safety features, improper installation, improper operation, lack of maintainance, etc.

Nitrous can be very fast & cheap. But if it's cheap it ain't safe.

You are a great vendor here and I have learned a lot from you & others here. Thanks for continuing to help educate us.