Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know this board has seen plenty of these threads but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know this board has seen plenty of these threads but...

it pisses me off when guys dog on autos, my dad said he saw an article awhile back where there were 20 or so guys that all claimed they were good manual driver and they got to drive some kind of performance car around a road course and down the quarter mile. Both were the same model car, but one was manual.

And without fail on every event the drivers got better times on the automatic cars. I was wondering if any of you have seen something similar online, or would be able to find a comparisson.

I know it's a long shot but I'm dying to shut up some really ignorant retards that are convinced all autos suck.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Theres a giant thread about this already, plain and simple responce is "wana run?" autos are 99% faster mod/mod keeping everything the same compared to a 6 spd
Old 04-07-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm there with you mpe. When people ask about my car, they stop asking when they're told it's an automatic. But whatever, screw'em. When I have to daily drive in traffic and bullshit, and up hills, and parallel park and blah blah blah, I want an automatic. When I get a free weekend to drive for the hell of it, manual. Too bad I can't have both at once.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

autos are hard to beat in the 1/4
Old 04-08-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These people you say **** on auto's, do they have the internet? cause all they have to do is go to a search engine, and type in "What does a performance torque converter do?". Cause obviously, they dont know much.

When im talking to a new person about performance parts, and then they start shitting an auto's, Thats when i change the subject.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Auto's vs manuals are like chevy vs ford. However, autos will consistantly win races, hard to miss a shift with an auto!
Old 04-08-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

I notice you guys say 1/4 mile, but for track (road track) I still prefer manual... Sometimes I wish I had an auto (in the city) or just to get the paddle-shift kit.

I saw what was said about the guys taking an auto and manual around the track, but I can still guarentee you that a professional driver will take a manual around the track faster than an auto.

My Charger is an auto, but Im putting a manual valvebody in it.

As said before the debate never really ends, when I was looking for a Cobra and couldnt find "the right one", the day I went to look at the TA I was also offered a Mustang GT (auto and convertible)... maybe it if was manual and a hardtop then I would have possibly considered it, but I know if I had bought an auto then I would be wishing I had gone with a manual. But thats just my opinion.