Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

anybody here break a strange or moser 12 bolt yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody here break a strange or moser 12 bolt yet?

i have a strange 12 bolt on order. i was just curious if anbody on this site with a F-body has broken a strange or moser 12 bolt rear end? if so what let go 1st? the ring & pinion, the posi or the axles or what? post your story and how it happened with any pix if you got em. let us know how much your car weighs, horsepower, transmission, tires and chassis setup, etc
Old 04-09-2006, 10:09 AM
NXZ
On The Tree

Yes, I have gone through 2 Moser 12 bolts . The first that was installed had hard spots in the gears is what I was told (paid for shipping and to pull and reinstall the rear). To me it sounded like something was grinding and broken (ring and pinion or Career). Moser took care of that one with no questions asked. Then Moser put the next one in for me in Portland,IN (by the way this was an extreamly special occassion). When they put this one in they did not tighten down the control arms. I complained and moaned about the rear after that and after I threatend to take them to court. Because, they did not tighten the control arms down and it screwed up my rear end and brand new set of tires. All I wanted was the rear fixed or money back. They finnaly gave me my money back and we parted ways. I have a Strange Dana 60 on order should be here at the end of the week. I have an M6 with no major internal mods just bolt ons and free mods RPM trans and a Spec Stage 5 clutch. Running slicks at the track with a 150 shot of Nitrous out of the hole at 4000 rmp. My Moser had alot of play in the rear end (their Tolerance sucks, IMO) and if it was not preloaded there was a good chance that I would trailer the car home. No pics, I can get some of the control arms not tighted down . Good luck, hopfuly you wont find the same good fortune that I did in a 12 bolt.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

went thru 4 yes 4 strange posi 12 bolts and 1 driveshaft
1) twisted driveshaft
2) bad set-up never stopped whinning
3) posi never worked
4) broken welds on housing itself
5) exploded ring and pinion

Strange took care of the drivesahft then the first 3 fixes (shipping included) then after 4th time, they refunded my money without hesitation. Never again will I deal with this company. If you deal with Martin or that **** Trancy, be aware. Neither one of them would be able to tell the difference between their *** and a hole in the wall. The only way I was able to get anywhere that company was talking to Jason. He is the man upsatirs in the big chair. If you have any problems deal with him and him only!
By the way: 2001 camaro SS, 6 speed, stage 3 clutch, 18" STREET TIRES, and only 368 rwhp.
My set-up has drastically changed since, so now I will be sporting a race prepped 9" with 4.56 spool