Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free kit...Have ??'s though.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free kit...Have ??'s though.

Okay..well a buddy of my'n has a ZEX universal dry kit that he had on his prelude..It has 55,65 and a 75 shot jets. He took the kit off his car and just has it sitting around. I can use the kit for free...I do have a couple of questions though...The kit wires into the TPS for the WOT activation, but it also has some type of thing that your suppost to hook to your vacuum operated fuel pressure regulator, i'm assuming to decrease vacuum to help increase your fuel pressure. Now, obviously i know that LS1's dont have a vacuum regulator. If i spray it into my lid, will the MAF just increase injector pulse width enough to compensate for the nitrous??? As you guys can see..i probably wont spray anything over the 50 shot just for safety reasons. Do you guys think that the 50 shot is even worth the time hooking the system up? Will i be able to see a difference at the track with a 50 shot? If so what would be about the expected gains from a 50 shot? Also, the kit does not have a window switch, so i would have to spray through the shifts...Will a stock A4 take the 50 shot? Okay...well if i can think of anything else i'll ask. Sorry for all the questions...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Travis
Old 04-09-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Yes just spray before the maf, it will handle the fueling. You will hardly even feel a 50 shot, your tranny will be ok. As far as track gains, IDK, maybe 3-4 tenths?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

IMO....zex is trash.....
Old 04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro94SS
IMO....zex is trash.....
I 'm sure he appreciates your input
Old 04-09-2006, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro94SS
IMO....zex is trash.....
Its free who cares thats like saying hers a free grand am no way i want a caddi.
Also back on topic you will be fine with a 50 shot safty wise spraying threw sifts isnt the best idea for tanny life but it shouldent be too bad on a 50 shot. i think you could not hook up the vacume thing as i am pretty sur its just looking for a lack of vacume any way ie WOT as long as you hook up the voltage thing to the tps. I give the 50 shot a week before you bump up the shot though.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98redorangeta
Its free who cares thats like saying hers a free grand am no way i want a caddi.
Also back on topic you will be fine with a 50 shot safty wise spraying threw sifts isnt the best idea for tanny life but it shouldent be too bad on a 50 shot. i think you could not hook up the vacume thing as i am pretty sur its just looking for a lack of vacume any way ie WOT as long as you hook up the voltage thing to the tps. I give the 50 shot a week before you bump up the shot though.

exactly man...the only thing i have to pay for is the cost to have the bottle filled, so i'm not gonna complain about what brand the kit is. Do you think that spraying the 75 shot through the shift is a really bad idea?? The 75 shot is as big as the kit can go..I really just want to make a couple of 1/4 mile passes to beat my old best ET. My best time has been a 13.1...so i was thinking that maybe just a 50 shot would get me a 12 second slip...if not the 50 maybe a 75 shot...But either way..it would still be something fun to play around with every now and than.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

I think the 50 will get you 12's without a problem.....i'd just go for the 75's right off. Your tranny really should be fine.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

As long as you dont do it a lot spraying a 75 wont hurt any thing if you just want to do it a few times at the track you will be fine. If or should i say when you get used to going faster though you are gunna need to get a window switch to keep your tranny healthy. You will deffinetly hit 12s with a 50 if your running 13.1 allredy.