Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Switch bad???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Switch bad???

Hey guys, I was out cruising around last night and a gorgeous orange '04 Cobra cruised up behind me, well, you know what happened after that We get to the last stoplight outside of town and I stall 'er up, the light goes green, he smokes the tires, I spun a bit, then it hooked up and I was gone!!! Well, then he wanted to go from a roll since he spun, so we went from about a 30 roll to 120 and I tried spraying on him and it didn't feel like it hit (and I just got back from the dyno and picked up 50hp/110trq spraying) so he jumped out a car on me and I got it back pretty soon and just smoked his *** on the motor. But I started looking at my nitrous kit today and the bottle has got 12lbs in it, I have good power and ground everywhere except coming out of my window switch I have no ground. I fired the car up and kept the bottle off and rapped it up to about 5500 twice and it rapped up pretty clean. Which tells me the fuel solenoid isn't opening. With the KOEO, I took the bottom pill out of the window switch, armed the system, put the test light on the ground of the window switch and hit the WOT switch, and it didn't light up. Is this the right way to check the switch with the engine off? If so, would you say the window switch is bad?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

No ideas from anybody?!?!?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If there's no tach signal coming in, I wouldn't think the window switch would complete the ground... I could be wrong tho! You could get under the hood and open the throttle to where you think it's over 3000 and hit the WOT switch with your finger and see if you hear the solenoids clicking also. I'm currently lookin for answers to my own window switch problem. Good luck tho!

Last edited by WS6 GreeN; 04-09-2006 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

The tach wire is still hooked up to the pcm, and the wire seems to be in good condition still. I didn't know if it would provide a ground all the time with the pills out of it though. It seems like last time I hooked one of these up in another car the instruction manual said that, but again, not for sure.