Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing

I was looking at the local track schedules trying to figure out when I can scratch this itch, and it looks like Bremerton is the only place to go in April.

B-town
April 14 Street Legals/Test & Tune
April 15 Test & Tune/*Truck Town's Junior Dragster Series #1
2005 King of the Track
Northwest Pro Street Association (NPSA) Qualifying
Northwest SuperGas Association
* April 16 Season Opener/Easter Bunny Nationals
Northwest Pro Street Association (NPSA) Meet #2
Northwest SuperGas Association
April 21 Street Legals/Test & Tune
April 22 Test & Tune
* April 23 Summit E. T. Series and DHRA Series

Aint nuttin for us little people at Pacific until May....

PR
Apr 26 Wed Fire, Smoke and Thunder - NHRA Northwest National Open Pre-Parking Only 3pm-9pm
Apr 27 Thu Fire, Smoke and Thunder - NHRA Northwest National Open
Parking 10am-8pm - Test N Tune Noon-5pm
Apr 28 Fri Fire, Smoke and Thunder - NHRA Northwest National Open
Presented By
Qualifying Only - No Exhibition Runs
Apr 29 Sat Fire, Smoke and Thunder - NHRA Northwest National Open
Presented By
JR #3 - Performance Corner ET Bracket Series #1
Apr 30 Sun Fire, Smoke and Thunder - NHRA Northwest National Open
Presented By
Performance Corner ET Bracket Series #1
May 3 Wed Open Test N Tune Cash Bash

So if the forecast for the weekend turns out to be wrong (calling for rain at the moment) who all is going this coming weekend? Or the following weekend? CCC starts May 6th @ B-town, and I certainly need to make a few trips down the track before then.....
Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to the f-body show at A&W in Port Orchard. I don't know what times everything will get over, but some could probably actually make both. Just an idea.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the CCC website, we're doing a "CCC Test & Tune" on April 22nd at Bremerton, so I planned on making that one.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Judging by the weather & work forecasts, the 22nd is starting to look better all the time.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I'm going to shoot for the 22nd as well. I'll have a line lock going in this weekend and perhaps have a better tire setup by the 22nd as well.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Judging by the weather & work forecasts, the 22nd is starting to look better all the time.
I'm going the 22nd as well. I'll probably enter the bracket race as well to get some real practice - nothing like real competition to sharpen up.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, someone else who plans ahead for racedays! I like to see that. With three days of racing possible for this coming weekend, one of the days should smile on us, weather-wise. I have been thinking-over the same track issues, Mark. I even posted a similar comment on the Mustang site. I am considering the possibility of bracket racing this year too. Have you ever considered that possibility?

I will definitely be at Bremerton one day this weekend. It is basically test and tune Friday and Saturday with the King of the Track a leftover day from last season in which the winners of the various categories race each other. One could test and tune on Sunday too. Bremerton is great about letting people do that. So any day will work.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Great idea Don & John! IF the weather breaks, I my just do that this weekend, or next, or BOTH!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do both. It's a short season. I say race when you get the chance.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will be out there for some base line stuff with LT1 on the 22, I am getting ready to the Opti and water pump. Should get it all done this weekend. I hope to see some mid 14's.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

I plan on going this weekend or the 22nd (Weather).
The Camaro is about ready just a few minor adjustments. I did'nt have time to touch my Vette this winter but it still runs ok. If anyone up north is going let me know and we can follow you down to Bremerton.

Bill
Old 04-11-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vettestir
I plan on going this weekend or the 22nd (Weather).
The Camaro is about ready just a few minor adjustments. I did'nt have time to touch my Vette this winter but it still runs ok. If anyone up north is going let me know and we can follow you down to Bremerton.

Bill
I was just thinking about you. The weekend of the 29th is the Northwest National - the one where there's a Wally on the line. I need to get one of those!

Right Bill?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

What class would you be able to run in Don? ET Brackets? I had thought about going just to test the waters in the 10.90 Super Street class, even tho I understand most of those cars run electronics, so I'd go out early. But it would be fun to try......once!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Run Pro class. Super Pro uses electronics. You will benefit from letting most cars leave first -but not all. There are some very fast cars in that class.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Yes Don Wally's look good by the fire place. It will cost you $125 big ones to get in and race there are cheaper Wally races later this season.

Mark
Run Pro class that will teach you all you need to know. The 10.90 class uses a .4 pro tree that will screw you up in the other classes. I ran the real street class last year and had to deep stage to get a .11 light. My car just does not react fast enough to keep up with the class. I plan on going this Saturday Jackie's son wants to race his RX7 do you think I might be influancing him!

Bill
Old 04-12-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Is deep staging just rolling past the line and then backing up a little bit..?
Old 04-12-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vettestir
Yes Don Wally's look good by the fire place. It will cost you $125 big ones to get in and race there are cheaper Wally races later this season.

Mark
Run Pro class that will teach you all you need to know. The 10.90 class uses a .4 pro tree that will screw you up in the other classes. I ran the real street class last year and had to deep stage to get a .11 light. My car just does not react fast enough to keep up with the class. I plan on going this Saturday Jackie's son wants to race his RX7 do you think I might be influancing him!

Bill
10.90 Super Street runs a .500 Pro tree so there would not be much difference at the light, but.... the packages in Super Street and Super Gas are incredible - you would need to consistantly have .0xx packages to make it past the first round. Winning is much more fun than first-round-runner-up.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poik
Is deep staging just rolling past the line and then backing up a little bit..?
Deep staging is continuing to pull in until the top bulb is off. Hurts your ET, but quickens up your RT. Each inch deeper is worth about .010 quicker reaction time. You guys who are having trouble being consistant at the tree should make sure that you are staging *EXACTLY* in the same place every time. That's why you see racers just flickering the bottom bulb - to make sure that they know where they are.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
10.90 Super Street runs a .500 Pro tree so there would not be much difference at the light, but.... the packages in Super Street and Super Gas are incredible - you would need to consistantly have .0xx packages to make it past the first round. Winning is much more fun than first-round-runner-up.
So are you saying I should run the Pro Class? So that's 7.50 to 13.99 bracket with DOT tires & no electronics? Knowing some of the people that run that class (you, Bill, John, Sherri in the red Stang) it should give me some good practice if I am having a good day. Otherwise I will still be runner up in the 1st round.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NWDragRacer
Deep staging is continuing to pull in until the top bulb is off. Hurts your ET, but quickens up your RT. Each inch deeper is worth about .010 quicker reaction time. You guys who are having trouble being consistant at the tree should make sure that you are staging *EXACTLY* in the same place every time. That's why you see racers just flickering the bottom bulb - to make sure that they know where they are.

Who does that ?

I have found over the years that to be the best you have to race the best! Step up Mark! the first year is the hardest as you teach your self to play. after half a season you will start to come around and when you do the other racers in your class will step up and help you to

Quick Reply: Racing