Legal advice needed....Bryan/College Station

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Legal advice needed....Bryan/College Station

ok, so a month ago i got stopped for going around some railroad arms, and got a ticket for that, out of date registration, and no proof of insurance.

i've already gotten the registration deal dismissed.

i am due in court to talk to the prosecutor on the 21st, and i have some questions:

i didn't have insurance at the time i was stopped, but i do now. what are the chances i can get deferred ajudication for that? and about going around the RR arms, is that something that defensive driving could take care of?

also, is this something that i could probably deal with pretty easily on my own, or should i get a traffic lawyer? if so, anyone know a good one in B/CS that won't break the bank?
Old 04-10-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds to me like you can get deferred for the rr arms, but did you not even have insurance when you got pulled over? Or was it just that you didnt have the card with you? Either way, i bet you could get it dismissed
Old 04-10-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

i didn't have insurance at all, but the ticket was written for no proof of insurance.

the crappiest part about it is that i was just waiting for my next check to come in before i got my insurance, too, which was only 5 days later....
Old 04-10-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

you could get an old insurance card and scan it and change the date. but i think some places will actually call up the ins company and chack so that could be pretty risky.

brook
Old 04-10-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

get a traffic lawyer, and next time don't drive without insurance
Old 04-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
the traffic lawyers in B/CS are ludicrous in price, as well as all the court costs.....you can get Deffered adjudication on the moving violation, as for insurance you can present them the insurance card and see if you can get the violation reduced.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
yeah, i know it wasn't the best thing to do, but i tell ya what.....next time i don't have insurance (hopefully there won't BE a next time, but i digress...), whaddya say i give you a call and you can come down here and drive me to/from work?

it was the only way i could get to work so i can make my living, otherwise i wouldn't have done it. i'm in the process of trying to recover from a bad situation, and i really didn't have any other choice in the matter.

i'm just trying to say that the wasn't needed...it goes without saying that you really shouldn't drive without insurance, but just take a minute to think about if it were you in my shoes before you judge me.....after all, that's what the judge is for....

Originally Posted by aggiez28
you could get an old insurance card and scan it and change the date. but i think some places will actually call up the ins company and chack so that could be pretty risky.

brook
yeah, the thought actually had crossed my mind (for a VERY short time), but then my very next thought was "hmm...what if they decide to verify with the insurance company?".....

yeah. not a good idea. we're talking loss of driver's license most likely, along with fraud/forgery charges (possibly)....it's just not worth it.....

now, on the other hand, it would have probably been far less risky had i already done that beforehand and had the fake card on me when i got pulled over in the first place, cause most of the time, the cop just takes a quick look at the card to check the dates, then hands it back....they usually don't take the time to call it in, or follow up on it.

but anyway, back to the subject of actually getting my mistakes corrected....

Originally Posted by Spazdout
the traffic lawyers in B/CS are ludicrous in price, as well as all the court costs.....you can get Deffered adjudication on the moving violation, as for insurance you can present them the insurance card and see if you can get the violation reduced.
see, that's what i'm afraid of, and is one of the main things i HATE about living in this town....it's a college town, so the system takes any/every chance to **** you for anything/everything they can, as hard as they can.....they just try to get all of the college kids' rich parents' money when their kid does something to screw up....
Old 04-10-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

sorry, but i hate it when folks drive around uninsured. if you can't afford insurance sell the car and get something thats cheaper. or buy a bicycle.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea i'm not sure the situation but NEVER drive without insurance. If you need a lawyer call John T. Quinn, he's the best in the area.

William
Old 04-11-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by will69camaro
Yea i'm not sure the situation but NEVER drive without insurance. If you need a lawyer call John T. Quinn, he's the best in the area.

William
thanks, i'll look into that
Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

how much is a traffic lawyer in cs? in houston thy are 75-100 bucks

brook
Old 04-11-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

john t quinn is 75 bux if your a tamscc member
Old 04-11-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

Next time you drive without insurance...don't drive around railroad arms or do anything illegal that draws a lot of attention to you