General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rear/Trans Maintenance Questions PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear/Trans Maintenance Questions PLEASE HELP

Its time to flush the trans and rear fluid. My first question is about the trans. Is Royal Purple Synthetic MAX ATF from thunderracing.com a good fluid to use? How much of it will I need? Filter? Anything else I should know about the trans as far as reg maintenance? Now for the rear. I'm replacing the stock cover with SLPs AAM cast aluminum cover. Is Royal Purple 75W90 Synthetic Max Gear Oil from thunderracing.com good to use? How much of it will I need? Anything else I should know about the rear as far as reg maintenance? If you guys can help me out, that would be great because I'd like to get this done ASAP. Also do you guys know if I can get the fluids at a local auto parts store, cuz so far thunderracing was the only place that I found to have them.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually pick up all my trans and diff fluids from the dealership.. and they give me the quanities I need and double check on what rear end I have. (im forgetful) There are plenty threads on this subject just search away. Im sure some one will chime in though.