Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Thanks to T-56 Rebuilds

Old 04-10-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to T-56 Rebuilds

So after 4 slave cylinders in 5 months, we decided to dig a little deeper. Found out the problem had nothing to do with heat this time or the fact that i was using an older slave cylinder.

We popped the front cover off the tranny and found out that the input shaft was grinded to ****. I called and talked to Amber at T-56 rebuilds, and instead of telling me to bring the tranny to them so they can take a look at it, and charge me for parts, she suggested buying a $10 dollar pilot bushing, saying it might help.

We decided to go ahead and replace the input shaft, and even though the shop was closed today because Amber and Joe just got back from Florida, and hadn't had any sleep, Amber still met me at the shop so I could get the input shaft and start putting my car back together.

They went way above and beyond the normal call of duty and I really appreciate it. Even though most of you know how kickass they are already, I'm still gonna tell everybody I know to send their business there.

BTW, turns out that the dealership I bought my car from put an LT1 input shaft in the car and thats why i couldnt keep it on the road.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I showed the pictures to Joe and someone was not sure what they did. To put a LT1 shaft in a LS1 car is a big mistake. Good thing we could get you fixed and back on the road. Give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Amber

Search this Thread