General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

exhaust question

Old 04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question

just finished a lt1 into a thirdgen swap and i have 1 heade pipe the paint hasnt burned off of. so i was a bit concerned. the car sounds decent like its not missing but hey. the car only has open headers. i put my hand on it to see if it wa getting warm on a cold start. the header pipe was getting warm but the other pipes where to warm to touch. so i reved the engine while i had my hand on it and i felt the temp start to increase in it. why is this header not getting as hot? tell me its an injector problem please.... i flipped the fuel rail upside down over the weekend and all injectors where misting. think it could not be misting quite enough during idle? vs idle? i poped the valve cover off and everything is spotless there. i could do a compression test but my luck isnt good and im scared my results will suck when i first started the engine i had 2 injectors plugged not firing at all. i cleaned them with carb cleaner so im guessing its probably an injector not firing right but id like yalls input before i do a compression test. the #8 cylinder is the one and its hard to get to. incredible hard.

Search this Thread