Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Question for textralia owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for textralia owners

I just got my tex clutch from byunspeed and was wondering if i should use the pressure plate bolts included or use the ARP pressure plate bolts i bought for the install. Also i noticed it says LUK on the pressure plate housing. does anyone have that stamped on theirs? I also would like to know if it would be wise to replace the pilot bearing during the install as well. THanks

I would like to comment on the quality of the shipping material it came in a wooden box and packaged very well inside.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmercury2
I just got my tex clutch from byunspeed and was wondering if i should use the pressure plate bolts included or use the ARP pressure plate bolts i bought for the install. Also i noticed it says LUK on the pressure plate housing. does anyone have that stamped on theirs? I also would like to know if it would be wise to replace the pilot bearing during the install as well. THanks

I would like to comment on the quality of the shipping material it came in a wooden box and packaged very well inside.
1. When I got mine last summer, it came with ARP PP bolts holding the PP to the flywheel. I know Textralia used to use ARP bolts, did they change that practice? Otherwise you should already have ARP bolts.

FWIW, I thought it useful to also buy ARP flywheel bolts (not included) to replace the stock bolts.

2. If I recall, I think Textralia said they use a stock pressure plate. I'm pretty sure LUK makes the stock GM clutches, so that may be the answer to that question.

3. I think its always a good idea to replace the pilot bearing when doing a clutch install.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool and thanks for all the replies. you the man young.