Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Help making a video

Old 04-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help making a video

i'v got a lot of footage on my camera but it records to a tape. I also have a digital cam that records video which is great cause i know how to move that to the computer. Then i use Windows movie maker. My question is how do i get the footage from my tape type camera to my computer. It has rca connections if that helps. thanks.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mxmccarter2401
i'v got a lot of footage on my camera but it records to a tape. I also have a digital cam that records video which is great cause i know how to move that to the computer. Then i use Windows movie maker. My question is how do i get the footage from my tape type camera to my computer. It has rca connections if that helps. thanks.

All you should need is a fire wire; plug it from the camcorder to the computer. I just got one yesterday at walmart for $20. I have been trying to use a USB cord, and this wont work with video, but the fire wire will.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:49 PM
NKAWTG...N

depends if your camera is new or not. if its older and doesnt have a usb/firewire card you will need to buy a capture card or get a new camera or borrow a camera that has it. otherwise your SOL.

Search this Thread