General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

bad oil leak please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bad oil leak please help

i recently did a h/c swap and today i was gonna check all my fluids and noticed that i have oil splattered all over my intake on the drivers side near the fire wall. there is oil on the top of the intake towards the back mainly on the drivers side as well as on the firewall behind it . the leak is pretty bad, anyone know where it might be comming from. I thought maybe the oil pressure sending unit but my oil pressure guage works fine? please help guys i dont want to pull the intake if i dont have to
Old 04-11-2006, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

i thought mabe the pcv hose on the driverside valve cover but it dosent look like it has come loose
Old 04-11-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pull the intake and make sure you didnt crack the oil pressure unit on the back of the block. It HAS to be leaking from the block somewhere if its that much oil as the intake doesnt have any oil being run through it....except your PCV system
Old 04-11-2006, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

thans i guess you right but i felt around behind the intake and the pressure unit feels dry . Do you think the pcv hose could be leaking under WOT, maybe on the nitrous?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

i have this exact same problem. Please let me know if u figure out what it is.

-Blaze
Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The PCV system wont leak that much, nowhere close to it, when I did the cam swap on mine the PCV line was completely disconnected and the back of the valvecover was just darker and greasy, not pouring out. Did you do a different valley cover with the swap aswell? Maybe that gasket isnt aligned properly. If not there are 2 sensors back there, one is kinda lodged under the intake, that maybe it, if not then it has to be the oil pressure sending unit, it may be lose. I doubt its your rear cover, I dont see how oil would make it to the top of your intake if it was. I would be VERY VERY suprised if you PCV system leaked that much.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

it has to be the oil pressure sending unit, alot of people break them installing intakes and removing them. hows your oil pressure??? cant be to good if its leaking out of the top of the engine.