Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with the Airflow tables

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with the Airflow tables

I have a small problem that just needs a little adjustment. I have done extensive research using search so I need some straight forward answers.

The car idles really well, all mods are in sig. I rescaled the MAF but did not really mess with the VE other then dropping the 400, 800, 1200 rows 3%, 5%, and 10%. LTFT are positive 5-6% at idle and go up to around 8-12% at cruise and 0 at heavier loads and negatives on decel.
The problem is the rpms hang a little between shifts and when you let off the gas while cruising around 2000-3000 rpm. It doesnt stay at any particular rpm for any length of time just decelerates slowly. I am pretty shore this is airflow related but I don't know what table. I am using EFI Live.
Also when slowing down at a light or coming off the throttle quick the rpms drop to about 600 but then come right back up to 800.
What table to adjust this?

Also how should I go about getting the LTFT down at idle? I did just reset them. STFT are low 0-2% but the LTFT climb as time goes on (a couple of miles).
Do I just let them go for a while and see where they end up before trying to adjust?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does anyone know? TTT
Please help!!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump...........
Old 04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dws6
The problem is the rpms hang a little between shifts and when you let off the gas while cruising around 2000-3000 rpm. It doesnt stay at any particular rpm for any length of time just decelerates slowly.
You'll need to tweak your throttle cracker and throttle follower tables.

Also when slowing down at a light or coming off the throttle quick the rpms drop to about 600 but then come right back up to 800.
What table to adjust this?
That is probably your Base Running Airflows, aka RAF.

Also how should I go about getting the LTFT down at idle? I did just reset them. STFT are low 0-2% but the LTFT climb as time goes on (a couple of miles).
Do I just let them go for a while and see where they end up before trying to adjust?
You should tune the car properly by first getting your VE in line, then tune your MAF up. Your car will run much smoother (in day to day driving) if you do it this way.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks alot, I will play with that. Is the RAF the same as Desired Airflow in EFILive?
Cracker and Follower tables-these values need increased? Should I make small changes .XX or larger 20% type changes, I will play with it, just trying to keep chasing my tail to a minimum.
Thanks again.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Desired Airflow is the table you adjust after recording RAFIG and RAFPN from a cold start. Granted you can only do one at a time...they both should be done. Just make sure you have the supporting pids selected. Once you have adjust Desired Airflow, you can tweak the cracker/follower tables to try and kill any other problem areas. As for how big of a change...I wouldn't move anything more than 1~2 grams/sec at a time.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I set the desired air based on logging the pids, and the reduced both Follower and Cracker tables by .4. I think it helped but I need to drive it more tonight. Does this sound right to reduce the table to allow the rpm to drop faster between shifts and reduce cruise control effect?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep, that should do the trick. They work off of the IAC adding air, so its almost like you're lightly cracking the TB blade open which holds you at that higher RPM.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Smokin,
Did not get a chance to drive it tonight (raining here), so I will check it tomorrow and report back.