Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Anyone disappointed with alum flywheel?

Old 04-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone disappointed with alum flywheel?

I know this question get asked many times but all my searches don't turn up the answer I need.

I'm upgrading my trans right now and am going with the ls7 clutch. Decision now is between aluminum or steel.

Car is always going to be around 3400-3500 lbs. Will be making bolt on power for awhile, maybe in about a year h/c combo.

I'm not someone that goes to the drag strip too often, but I don't want to lose too much capablity there because I do like to have fun on the streets if the time calls. Mostly going to be for the corners and road racing.

If someone has a similiar set-up and experimented with the aluminum flywheel, what'd you think? A lot of people don't like it but then again most of those people never ran it. Almost everyone who's had one has been pleased. One thing though, the people that are doing my rebuild (sponsor t56rebuilds) say they lost a half a second off their e.t. runnning the aluminum flywheel. Not going to disagree with them but their car is in a whole nother class, one that mine won't ever see, so it could be differant for my application.

Sorry for the umpteenth alum fw post, but I thought mine was a little more specific and am looking for real experiances with them.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just installed installed aluminum flywheel and i love it
Old 04-12-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had mine put in....honestly, I can't tell any difference between the new aluminum one and the old stocker.

Search this Thread