LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

replacing the o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default replacing the o2 sensors

im planning on doing this sometime this week when i find the time. ive never had to replace them on any car ive owned up until now.

this is probably a dumb question but is there anything i need to know before diving into replacing them? any suggestions to make things go smooth?

thanx
Old 04-12-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

i did mine in my driveway with a cresent wrench. just a little time and they just screw out and screw in. just keep the wires tucked back in. real easy
Old 04-12-2006, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

If you were running longtubes it would be really simple because they are easier to get to, if your stock exhaust manifolds they can be a PIA just because they are hard to get to on the drivers side...I could be wrong been a long time since I had stock manifolds and never changed the 02s on the stockers, but they were located in a couple tight locations.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you have a stock exhaust and a single cat its not hard, but if you have the dual cats then its tricky on the driver side, my advice to you is to get a O2 sensor socket from an auto store and it will be quicker and you have less change of damaging the pigtails. you could use a cresent wrench like they said above, but there just isnt enough clearance on the driver side. Good luck, its not that hard to do. Oh yea make sure to put some dielectric grease in the plug and on the water seal on the pigtail.

Quick Reply: replacing the o2 sensors