Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Building a 402 for procharger?

Old 04-13-2006, 04:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Building a 402 for procharger?

I will be having a motor built for a procharger the d1sc kit and plan to run at 10 psi daily possibly 12psi. i know it should be a low compression motor but what heads should i run. i was thinking the afr 225's. are these optimal or should i just go with the 6.0 heads. I dont want to half ***, if im leaving some power out by not going with afr's then ill have a long block built with those vise verse.

and as for the procharger itself. I want to run a front mount intercooler. therefore i dont need the "kit" that they sell do i, since i wont be needing the plenum it comes with which is about a $200 upgrade for the polished one, nor the twin cooler, and the piping. So what will i be needing and im sure one of the sponsors have something minus the intercooler and plenum? and who/where can i get the intercooler pipes from for the front mount.

thanks Steve
Old 04-13-2006, 05:09 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Steve, I can sell you the ATI ProCharger kit minus any parts you do not need. We are working on coming out with a front mount intercooler kit, that we can sell with the ATI ProCharger, minus the parts from ATI that you do not need. I have the mandrel bent pipes in stock, plus the 4 ply silicone couplings needed. What I have to do is finish up on the instructions that I want to include with these kits.
As far as the heads go, we have made really good power with the Patriot Performance LQ9 Stage 3 cylinder heads. With a compression ratio of 9.5/1, you can run 14 to 16 psi of boost on 93 octane fuel on a daily basis with a front mount intercooler kit.
Check out this car. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=27
Bob
Old 04-13-2006, 05:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

i spoke to you over the phone some time ago about getting the procharger but i blew my motor =) .... so now i will for sure be changing to the procharger setup. can you let me know when all is available for a complete kit. my only other problem is we dont have 91 octane here. but since my car is no longer a DD, i will prolly run some other octane. this is more of a toy not even a track car . I live few miles from Sears Point Raceway, so i can get soem gas there, i think they have 100 octane on pump

btw i have been reading up on the build on your page. i will be ordering my kit from you soon as its all available.

Last edited by SVC707; 04-13-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Will do Steve. Bob
Old 04-13-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We are working on coming out with a front mount intercooler kit, that we can sell with the ATI ProCharger, minus the parts from ATI that you do not need.
That's what A&A and ECS used to do for the C5 guys. Prepare yourself for a lubeless *** raping from ProCharger.

Mark
Old 04-13-2006, 11:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck man, I am currently doing something similar! 408 iron though, and I got a set of ET245cc heads! I am trying to glow as much as possible with minimal boost in my setup! Should be interesting, and good luck. My setup is for a GTO so I dont know what parts you do or dont need... sorry!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Building a 402 for procharger?