Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

possible fix for the clear corner fogging problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible fix for the clear corner fogging problem?

took off the old rubber seals from the stock turn signals an put 'em on the light sockets, then simply twisted them onto the turn signal. feels like there's absolutely no way for water/condensation to get in.

only thing is...my right corner seems to fog up real quick for some strange reason - ever RIGHT after i take the hair dryer to it. now, those boxes u get with the lil salt packages that keep condensation out - wut kinda salt is that? u think we culd possibly coat some ATV silicone sealant on the outside of the socket that sticks in the signal, to use as a sticky base for the salt, then just simply sprinkle a lil bit of that absorbing-type salt onto the silicone? wuld that possibly alleviate the fogging problem?

sigh gets real annoying to see these things like this.. just tryin to figure out new, possible solutions
Old 04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is silica, but if you hair dry it then put it back together fast before it reachs room temperature in side the lens, it will fog. best thing to do is, to leave it dry out a day or two, orstuff some paper towels in it to completley get rid of the mositure then seal it. I have no idea about using silica but I do not think that will work.

Quick Reply: possible fix for the clear corner fogging problem?