LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Going to need new radiator hoses.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going to need new radiator hoses.....

Now i'm going to just be doing this myself. Some of my hoses are VERY easy to squeeze and who knows, they may blow at any time! How would I go about finding the right rad hoses to fit the curves and turnsthey have to make. Or is it just random?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Go to any auto parts store with somewhat knowledge employees, give them your car info, and you should be set. If I remember correctly, The upper and lower hoses (direct fit) were in stock where I work, misc coolant hoses needed to be ordered. I replaced all hoses on mine about 2 years ago. Ask them to see a diagram if they seem confused..
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackBirdWs6Zzz
Now i'm going to just be doing this myself. Some of my hoses are VERY easy to squeeze and who knows, they may blow at any time! How would I go about finding the right rad hoses to fit the curves and turnsthey have to make. Or is it just random?
I useto be the parts manager at a pepboys, and I bought mine there, they lasted for a really long time, the only reason the top one burst was because a clamp on the heater hose rubbed through, I had a hole in my heater core so I temporarily bypassed. Make SURE you replace the factory clamps they suck and if you dont you will be doing this when they fail
Old 04-13-2006, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For the b-bodies the Goodyear HiMiler kit is hard to beat for price/completeness/quality the only complaint I have is the electric blue color BUT if the have an f-body kit you guys might get another color choice. These hoses are quality wise somewhere between black rubber and silicone.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
For the b-bodies the Goodyear HiMiler kit is hard to beat for price/completeness/quality the only complaint I have is the electric blue color BUT if the have an f-body kit you guys might get another color choice. These hoses are quality wise somewhere between black rubber and silicone.
How much does that run? $$$ wise!

Thanks everyone for your quick response! It's actually a relief!

Looks like I'll be draining my coolant system again. haha!!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

I found a little bit of coolant sitting on the waterpump right in front of one of the top bolts and in a little area adjacent to it. I didn't notice any evidence of leaking from the nearest hose, too.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shackleford
I found a little bit of coolant sitting on the waterpump right in front of one of the top bolts and in a little area adjacent to it. I didn't notice any evidence of leaking from the nearest hose, too.
That happened to me once, I think that either the gasket was seeping and it got into the bolt hole and came out or the top radiator hose was leaking. I wasnt loosing any major amounts of coolant, so I left it. After I replaced my water pump a good while later it just stopped, but I replaced the hoses also.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
That happened to me once, I think that either the gasket was seeping and it got into the bolt hole and came out or the top radiator hose was leaking. I wasnt loosing any major amounts of coolant, so I left it. After I replaced my water pump a good while later it just stopped, but I replaced the hoses also.
Ah. I have oil leaking in that area somewhere, too, so if the gasket is the culprit, that'll get taken care of when I have the gasket set put on.

Unfortunately, there is a considerable amount of coolant leaking somewhere else, too. It all falls to this one area and drips onto the concrete...