Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shifting problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shifting problem, please help

Well 2 months ago, I installed H/C, bolt ons, 3800 stall in my 98 z28 and the the stock transmission didn't last one day . So, I ordered a built transmission from a sponsor and put it in yesterday. Install went great, then I took it out on the road to drive it around. Well, here is what is happening, when I stab the throttle it pulls hard up to about 6200-6300rpms and then it acts like it kicks into neutral and shoots up on the rev limiter at 6800rpm. Now I can let off the gas before it "free revs" and it will shift to the next gear just fine, then I can mash it back down to the floor. It does this inbetween every gear not just one. I'm not going to say who the tranny is from, I'm NOT trying to bash them in any way I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I don't know if it is a tuning issue or something else. It was tuned before my stocker went out on me, so all shift patterns and what-not should be fine. Any input would be great.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably tuning. Are you using the stock tach as its slow to respond. Doing your own tuning? If it does it on both shifts, it is prolly gonna be tuning. I'd recheck the transrevs/mile setting and make sure the indicated tire size matches yours. I dunno how this gets messed up so much but it does.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll try that