PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just shoot me! P0327 code AGAIN even after replacing knocks and harness

Old 04-14-2006, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just shoot me! P0327 code AGAIN even after replacing knocks and harness

After heads/cam/intake/headers install last fall, car started tripping PO327 code ie bank one knock sensor. Felt a bit flat off idle as well, was told b/c computer pulling timing due to code. Anywho, got motivated to replace sensor, and actually ordered 2 new knock sensors and an LS6 knock sensor harness as well. After replacing them, I got code for both knock sensors but thought it mighta been a fluke due to replacing them, might have read slightly different. Cleared codes, now about 40miles or 1.5 days later, I get another SES light, and a P0327 CODE . AT this point I just want to . I work 4 jobs, have basically no free time, I don't want to have to waste another 2-3 hrs pulling the intake etc...... to mess with the knocks. WTF is up with this.......... Anyone have any ideas? I thought I'd replace both knock sensors and the Harness to save the hassle in the future. Now I get more hassle. I got the LS6 harness b/c the stock LS1 harness had a hard time clearing the LS6 intake I put on.

Please help!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the knock sensor wiring harness is prolly either pinched between the intake and lifter valley cover, or between the block and lifter valley cover (if you took it off)

I had this same problem as have others... wire gets pinched, rubs through and causes a sensor to look like it's dead... pulls tons of timing too (4* constant KR, plus always in low octane tables)

The harness clips into the main wiring harness in back of the block (you can reach it from the top w/the intake off)

I would pull the intake off and check continuity of the knock sensor wiring harness
Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

ok will have to pull intake again! grrrrrrrr
hope I don't need another wiring harness if this one is already toast, 2days old from SDPC.

So you think it's the new harness got pinched etc....... I know I plugged it into the main wiring harness, any chance main harness is bad, it wires to PCM etc.... Not sure I'm using correct terms here. Just grasping as this is becoming an albatross. This crud, and now my clutch is sticking to floor every time I try WOT runs .
Old 04-14-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

possible it's bad from pcm to harness... but looking at it logically, it's probably something near where you were working...

When I had the problem, I was setting P0327... right after installing my LS6 lifter valley and intake... got the code right away... ****... so I ignored it.. went to the track and raced... lost over 1 second due to pulled timing! yikes!

so when i got home, replaced both knock sensors, didn't notice the wire pinched

Replaced intake, still there! fudge!

took the intake off again (byt his time it was like a 15 minute job heh) and searched around more and there it was...

Now whenever I have the intake off, I use a couple small pieces of masking tape to hold the wire where I want it during intake reinstall...

What you can do is unhook the knock sensor harness... use an ohm meter to test continuity for each wire

then you can do the same from the main harness to the wire on the PCM, see if it has continuity or if there's a break somewhere
Old 04-14-2006, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

ok
ty
btw where in IL are u at?
I'm a bit west of Rockford
Old 04-14-2006, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

oh and btw, was your harness still usable after u found the pinch?
just moved and gtg, or did u need a new one?
ty
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

mine was pinched pretty good... so I bought a new harness just to make sure (actually I bought 2, didn't realize it was 1 big harness, thought it was 1 for each sensor heh, sold 2nd one a while back though)

I have heard of people repairing them also

I'm about 1.5 hours east of you near Barrington/Lake Zurich/Wauconda area
Old 04-14-2006, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

gotcha!
that's quite a hike
ever make it to Byron
I'm about 20minutes from there
Old 04-14-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

yup, I've been to Byron a few times, but didn't care for it (too long of waits, at least when I've been there... so I generally go to US41 , or MFBA track rentals... I'm pretty close to GLD, but my locale doesn't provide a direct route to 294 so still takes me well over an hour to get to GLD heh)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just shoot me! P0327 code AGAIN even after replacing knocks and harness