Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

opinions and ideas for the z

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions and ideas for the z

honest opinions? i can take em haha sorry for the low quality, the good camera died....R.I.P. Good Camera....

Old 04-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

anyone?
Old 04-15-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Has alot of potential, but for right now it looks mostly stock. 1st thing i would do is get another grill, like the slp one or the one from wings west. then rims is a must, ive never liked blackouts so id lose those, lower it and get a new hood. that should set you up for a nice clean look. paint looks to be in good condition so like i said has potential.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd probably do alot of performance stuff first-just my opinion.
BUT if you must be show before go then I'd get a new grill, ss spoiler, slp center mount exhaust, berger panel, side molding delete, 5% tint, etc etc. That right there should have you looking pretty good. If you wanna spend some more money look for a diff. hood.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NxLS1496
Has alot of potential, but for right now it looks mostly stock. 1st thing i would do is get another grill, like the slp one or the one from wings west. then rims is a must, ive never liked blackouts so id lose those, lower it and get a new hood. that should set you up for a nice clean look. paint looks to be in good condition so like i said has potential.
I like the blackouts, but if you do it then you should do the corners as well so it has a theme.

I agree with the rest of his suggestions. The lowering will make a BIG difference.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

thanks. i've been wanting to black out the corners and get a new hood...as far as the spoiler i was thinking of getting the 97 ss style spoiler just for something different. i also plan on doing the whistler mod to the headlights soon.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lower it and get rims. The two best apperance mods you can do without question. While you save for that remove the side molding. Then either clear corners or black them out. Get some halos or do the whisper headlight mod if the lens are clear if not just buy some halos. Get a grill then spoiler and hood. Personally I think the rims need to come before hood and spolier it will just look bad sitting on the 16's, it just won't look right.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JonB
Lower it and get rims. The two best apperance mods you can do without question. While you save for that remove the side molding. Then either clear corners or black them out. Get some halos or do the whisper headlight mod if the lens are clear if not just buy some halos. Get a grill then spoiler and hood. Personally I think the rims need to come before hood and spolier it will just look bad sitting on the 16's, it just won't look right.
+1 rims pulled my entire car together.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

lower it and get some 18' chrome wheels of some sort, take off the black outs in the back (anything black on a black car already looks so terrible), get some chrome halos and clear turning signal lights, paint your calipers (red with a silver bracket imo), get some chrome CAMARO inserts from the back, and a billet grille.... That will do it my friend
Old 04-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

how do you remove the side molding? does it just peel off? does anyone have any pics of what it looks like w/ the molding removed? thanks for all of the suggestions everyone.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

I think you need to clean up your dash, its way too busy. Id intergrate the monitor into the dash and move the headunit someplace else, into the console even. Right now it looks a little err, confused. Heres how I did mine.

Quick Reply: opinions and ideas for the z