LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Crazy AC

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy AC

I have a wild story I would like to share, I welcome your feedback to.

When I bought my 94 t/a with 113,000+ miles on it. The AC did not work, just warm air blew out of the vents. !Note the compressor never kicked on// Now the car did sit all winter in the car lot. But no doubt I took the car out and ripped it left and right. So I told the car salesman about the AC and he said comeback whens its warmer and I will recharge it for free. I said ok and took the car. That was a month ago and since then I put about 1800 miles on the car. I replaced the intake Gasket, and other than that its been a good car. I was thinking are traceing the leak for the AC and fix it my self and go get it the system charged for free when the time came. That was the initial plan,however, Just today I took the car to a touchless car wash. The car is a hard top so water didnt leak that bad when the sprayers came by. But it did get warm in the car so I turned on the air, just to get some ventalation. The car Bogged big time! I thought the opti got wet and I was sqrewed. Well I pull out, and got the car home asap. I rip on the bird left and right cause it didnt seem as strong as it normally does. I get home check opti and it was dry. I take the car on the high way turn on the AC and its blowing ICE cold. I was like WTF i thought it was dead. the only thought came to mind was the compressor coming back to life and slowy moving and make my motor bog with the serpintine connected to it. IS this possible?? cause if the compressor is locked its locked right?.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

that is really weird. The only thing that I can think of is the water either removed some corrosion inside the compressor or wires or something. But hey now you A/C for free. I wish my A/C problem was an easy fix.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I had a leak that we couldn't fix. i fixed it with the 1LE Delete Pulley....
Old 04-15-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

u gotta pic????

What does this pulley do, mine system was broken then fixed it with vacuum and charge now some pulley/bearing sounds like ****..
Old 04-15-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
that is really weird. The only thing that I can think of is the water either removed some corrosion inside the compressor or wires or something. But hey now you A/C for free. I wish my A/C problem was an easy fix.
i guess so, I mean the compressor always turns, its just that it engages when you turn it on from in side. I hope it lasts.

I did actually thought to consider removing the AC, but not for my daily driver.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
u gotta pic????

What does this pulley do, mine system was broken then fixed it with vacuum and charge now some pulley/bearing sounds like ****..
The name pf the piece implies the use, read it again. It is the pulley that you replace the AC Compressor with, so the belt still runs the same path. I removed the AC System in the car.

Quick Reply: Crazy AC